Pool 4 Tomorrow -Launching

• tweak

OK. I have the day off tomorrow and want to hit the water. I have some (three times and not always good) experience with loading in current and have watched the posted video a couple times. Do I launch out of Everts or do I put in some where else (not sure where)? I am glad to support Dean anyway I can, but not at the expense of damaging stuff.

Looking for tips and maybe a confidence boost.

Jake_A

If you are looking to get away from current, hit up the Bay city boat launch on the edge of lake pepin…Don’t know the dock status though…

putt2winn
    Eau Claire, WI

Launched two days ago out of Everts. Not bad just point the trailer slightly down current. The dock is a great if you are launching solo.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Last I heard all public landings are closed the only place to put in that I know of is Everts. If you do not feel comfortable loading in current now is not the time to learn how to do it and I would highly recommend not fishing alone.

stratos_375
    Southern Wisconsin

I agree with Steve, high water is not the time to learn to launch in current, but if you are a hard headed fisherman like most of us you will give it a try and I guess sometimes that is the only way to learn, at least that is how I learned. Do as others stated, point the trailer downstream a little for both launching and landing. Good luck.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

i’ll come down and join you if you want a hand laoding?? just PM me o, r call me at 507-421-7256, i fish pool 4 allot even during high water my boat is in the shop right now though.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Launching and loading in current is not that difficult if you just use your head and don’t panic. Point your trailer a little downstream, approach your trailer from below at around a 45 degree angle. Aim for the upstream trailer tire, and when you get the bow in between the bunks or rollers, crank the wheel and give it some gas. Piece of cake.

If you have NEVER launched in current, now is not the time to learn, but if you’ve done it once or twice in lower flow conditions, you should be fine.

tweak

It took me three tries, but the boat is on the trailer.

Beautiful day. Lots of sauger, couldn’t find a walleye.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey it’s tough conditions for most people if they fish where they normally fish.

Congrats!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.