New Ride!!!

• john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

I’m going in a couple weeks to pick up my new (to me) ride. 2009 Starcraft STX 2050. This boat is decked out with all the goodies. I can’t wait. Just hope the river isn’t frozen over before I get it here.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Perty shiny John!

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

nice lookin rig
    somebody took good care of her

jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

Very nice! You should have a blast fishing out of that rig. Good luck and I’ll see you on the river.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Looks exactly like the boat they gave away to the final PWT champion on the Croix. Very nice ride indeed

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Sweet looking ride. Did they even use it? You’ll definitely create some memories out of it.

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

Very nice John, I’ll try and stay out of your way…

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Nice Tuck real nice!!!!!

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Quote:

Sweet looking ride. Did they even use it? You’ll definitely create some memories out of it.

It was used sparingly one season on Lake Erie. The guy ran into some family health problems and did not have time to fish much, decided to sell it. I was more than happy to help him out.

The only thing she doesn’t come with is a kicker, but it just so happens I have a sweet little T-8 I bought from Tom Gursky that will do just fine!

sandmannd

Congrats on the new ride. Looks like a sweet boat to me. Gonna be awesome with that kicker.

Don’t worry about the river freezing, pool 4 doesn’t freeze.

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

very nice rig,picked up my first rig about this time last yr,so i know how long the time seems til spring

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Quote:

Unfortunatley this pool freezes over just about every year on the upper two thirds of the pool. Our nuke plant sometimes keep the lower part partially open on the lower end.

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Can’t wait to spill the first cup of coffee on her. Then you can us that on-board cleaning system.

sandmannd

Quote:

Quote:

Unfortunatley this pool freezes over just about every year on the upper two thirds of the pool. Our nuke plant sometimes keep the lower part partially open on the lower end.

I guess I meant out of Evert’s. Never had an issue getting on and off the water there during the winter.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

I have supreme confidence you will be the first Tony….unless my brother in law is along, then it’ll be a competition of sorts…..

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Yeah, it’s kinda crazy that if the river freezes over down here I can drive 6 hours north to fish open water.
    Maybe that’s what I’ll do! Thanks for the idea sandman!

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Nice looking rig John!

Joel

sandmannd

Quote:

Yeah, it’s kinda crazy that if the river freezes over down here I can drive 6 hours north to fish open water.
    Maybe that’s what I’ll do! Thanks for the idea sandman!

LOL, sorry, shoulda looked where you were from.

Fishon1
    Eastern Iowa

There goes the neighborhood, another new rig in pool 14. It doesn’t seem fair that he gets a new ride and I still use my 26 year old rig. But I don’t care if I get worms and fish guts all over mine.

Nice ride, see you on the water in the spring.

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

Looks great. Cant wait to slime it up for you!!! Just kidding!!!!

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Sorry guys, I’m not even worried about worms, coffee, slime or fish guts in the boat, or at least behind the windshield. Stain proof flooring, and an on board wash down system. The bow is carpeted however. You guys will have to stay in the back.

tony_apisa

Quote:

You guys will have to stay in the back.

Yea, Right.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Nice ride John, congratulations!
    a few for me out of that thing! I’m here in N Wisconsin now, rigging up the tip-ups…

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Quote:

Looks exactly like the boat they gave away to the final PWT champion on the Croix. Very nice ride indeed

Got the new ride home and found out it IS the boat given away at that tournament, at least I am quite sure. Trailer title is signed by Dan Stier, and what I found on google is he won the Starcraft. He is a Ranger pro so must have sold it to the young man I bought it from.

Fishon1
    Eastern Iowa

Since Pool 14 is all frozen in why don’t you bring it down and we can go fishing in Arizona. The weather has been great and there are so many lakes to fish we could keep busy until Pool 14 thaws out.

tony_apisa

We really got lucky with the weather. Good thing we went on Saturday. Lots of accidents and fatalities on 80 Sunday. Boy did we dodge a bullet.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.