Annual Turkey Bowl on Pool 2

• micah-witham
    Richfield

With the temps that are predicted this next week my brothers and I decided to get in the Witham Turkey Bowl before it got nasty. I was a little nervous about tonight but I’ll be honest, it was a really nice night to be on the water. Pool has a bunch of great spots on the east banks of channel and with a NE wind, you can tuck out of the wind in a bunch of different spots and find some great pitching structure.
    The night was not fast and furious but patience and persistence paid out in the end. No real pattern at all for us except a bunch of short bites. Four fish were boated on four different plastics.
    We fished from about 3-6 and 3 of the 4 fish boated were near or after sundown.
    I landed a fish on the first cast of the night before the event officially started and then struggled most of the night missing a number of bites. Patience and never say die attitude put me at 5:50pm still waiting for that “one bite”.
    We finished the night on a spot that I’ve fished a few times and picked off a couple fish but certainly not a confidence dam. After switching to an old standby of Pro Blue paddle tail I was rewarded with the “ka-thunk” of a chunky 26 inch river walleye and the Turkey Bowl back in my hands.
    I weighed this fish and she came in at 7’11oz.
    A great night to be out with a bunch of my fav guys in the world.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Nice!

tonyscully
    Hastings, MN

Way to stick it out

martin_vrieze
    Eagan

Nice job…let the night bite begin

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Yes nice Micah.

Was just looking at the forcast for the next week. Looks like we got a little reprieve from the deep freeze.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Micah,
    that’s the way to stick with it, and get rewarded.

Jack

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Atta boy !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.