Pool 4 possession/daily limit questions?????

• stitch
    Jasper County Iowa

I’ve looked and looked and can’t find info on Minnesota possession limits, are they the same as the daily bag limit?

Also, it’s my understanding that the walleye/sauger limit is 6 per license, per day, with a 15 inch minimum, and no slot. Is this accurate?

I just want to be sure.

Thanks.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

If I am right you can have 6 walleye/saugeye 15″min, or 6 sauger with NO length minimum but not to exceed 6 total possession of any combination of the three.

stitch
    Jasper County Iowa

That’s how I read it as well. This is my first time on Pool 4, so I just want to be sure on all the regs.

Thanks!

wkw

Please let some of those 15ers go. We’ll need them next year.
    ‘Sides that, hardly a “fish stick” on one of them.
    18-19″ fish are perfect. Good Luck and enjoy this awesome fishery.
    WKW

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Please let all that Flathead catfish go so they can thin down the 15 to 20 in walleye heard.

Good luck on P4…hope you get a little of the beginners luck stuff!

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Your going to have a blast p4 is like a drug, once you start you just can’t stop. I would suggest that you not keep any of those nasty fish though. I have tried literately every thing to make them palatable and nothing gets rid of that strong taste of mud.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I’m pretty sure on this but may be incorrect. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I think WI possession is double your limit and MN possession is your limit.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

If you are a WI resident your possesion limit will be 12, if your a mn resident your possesion limit will be 6.

Walleyes are 15″ and up and saugers have no size limit. Your daily limit is a total of 6 of either one!!

Have fun and let us know how it goes!!!

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Nothing better than a 30lb flathead in the smoker!!!!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I would suggest that you not keep any of those nasty fish though. I have tried literately every thing to make them palatable and nothing gets rid of that strong taste of mud.

All joking aside in an attempt to get people to release fish…. mississippi river walleye and sauger are OK at best on the table. Not horrible but certainly not on par with a Mille Lacs, Leech, Devils Lake, etc., walleye. I kept my last walleye off the river for eating about 5 years ago.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

All joking aside in an attempt to get people to release fish…. mississippi river walleye and sauger are OK at best on the table. Not horrible but certainly not on par with a Mille Lacs, Leech, Devils Lake, etc., walleye. I kept my last walleye off the river for eating about 5 years ago.

2 years for me. I do love catching them though.

stitch
    Jasper County Iowa

I’m an Iowa resident, and am staying on the MN side of the river, ad fishing with an MN license. Where the heck does that leave me!?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I’m an Iowa resident, and am staying on the MN side of the river, ad fishing with an MN license. Where the heck does that leave me!?

You’ll be bound by MN regs.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I have had my share of walleyes from pools 9, 10 and 11. Never had any issues. I think an 18 inch walter is perfectly delicious table fare. I haven’t had walters from any other body of water but I do think they’re tasty. Pointers on smoking those 30 pound flatheads, use tires. Nothing gives off a better flavor than a nice Goodyear steel radial;)

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Quote:

Quote:

I would suggest that you not keep any of those nasty fish though. I have tried literately every thing to make them palatable and nothing gets rid of that strong taste of mud.

I’d agree with that.

Moving closer to the river after fishing nothing but lakes, I can tase the difference.

I wont keep anything but a few 14 – 15 inch saugers for dinner when I fish the river.

Being that river fishing is better than most lakes, I’m ok with that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.