Pepin tips/report needed

• stitch
    Jasper County Iowa

I’ll be heading for Pepin next Thursday, and it will be our first time there. We’ll be targeting walleyes and maybe panfish. If anyone could help out with general areas to fish or baits, it would be appreciated. I know there was a guy posting over at Iowa Outdoors that would be interested as well.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Targeting rip rap rock areas,casting bucktails & #7 flickershad or rapalas is a good place to start.

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

I think my boat is going to be happy to see me again. I love fall!

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

What are some of the HOT crank bait colors for Oct? Heading up that way the second week of Oct. Will have the wife so casting isn’t that great of a idea Jigging would work though

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

1 Firetiger
    2 Firetiger
    3 Firetiger
    4 Blue/siver
    5 gold
    6 Firetiger
    Ya might try firetiger….just sayin.

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

Sometimes natural perch #5s n #7s can be gangbusters in Oct too- especially if cloudy.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Know what, I may try firetiger Dean, make sure you have a couple on hand

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

In the time frame of your trip I would look at rip rap areas with deeper water close by. Casting plastics, hair jigs, and crank baits will all put fish in the boat. Use the cranks as a search bait until walleye are found then slow down with jigs once they quit biting on the cranks.

Lot of water out there and cranks will help you elminate a lot of it quickly

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Thank you Dustin, I’ll get out my Hot map and see if I can find some areas you speak of. I’ve only fished the pool twice so still learning lots

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Thank you Dustin, I’ll get out my Hot map and see if I can find some areas you speak of. I’ve only fished the pool twice so still learning lots

No problem, glad to help! Only twice you say? I know a guide who could help you out

Good luck on your trip and let us know how it goes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.