Pool 2 Action – 7/18/2010

• martin_vrieze
    Eagan

Got out for three hours during mid-day today after all the storm action last night. Flow did not seem much different from yesterday even after the rains.

Jumping wingdams I connected with 4 walleyes and a sauger. Sizes ranged from 17″ to 22″. The sauger hit a hairjig while the walleyes hit Bomber 6a’s and Grapler Shad pitched to the front of several wingdams. Not bad action for just a quick outing.

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

I must of missed ya down there today.
    I had similar results. It really seemed like those fish wanted the cranks moving FAST. 2 of my fish hit while reeling in quick to make another cast. The Bomber 6a took all my fish today.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Casting and trolling crank baits worked pretty well for my boat today to. Sure was a nice break from the heat. The white bass where real active today to. They where hitting like freight trains on the rock piles. Did get a few on jigs and crawlers to. Nothing big today but quite a few in the low 20s.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Here’s a 28.5″er from pool 2 yesterday. Good to hear everyone else was catching fish too. Cranks and crawlers were both putting fish in the boat for me.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Nice fish!

We found some fish out there yesterday but nothing over 22″

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Nice fish. Its good to see a big one again.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Marty! Janel told me you “got your limit”. I asked limit of what? She said “walleyes”. I asked where and she said “pool 2”. I told her the limit on 2 is 0. She said, “YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!”

dd

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Maybe they where just eaters.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.