Pool 4 Wednesday

• walleyeguy
    Elk River,MN

Making first trip on Wednesday. Does anyone know if the fish have been cooperating on pool 4. Any help would be appreciated. thx Scott.

Kerry Harvey
    Brownsdale, MN.

Walleyeguy, I hope you have better luck tomorrow than I did today. I got skunked, saw 2 small fish get caught and talked to a few fisherman that had 1 or 2. Brian Sanders and his buddy (sorry I already forgot your name) had about 6 fish. I tried the usual spots, below the Y, and up by the dam. I made 3 drifts jigging super doos, 1 pass from the Y up to the dam with 3-way and cranks, and 2 drifts down long lining jigs and ringworms. If things are’nt going to good up buy the dam try downstream around some of the deeper holes. Hopefully you will have some cloud cover tomorrow, that might help. Good Luck!!!

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

i was wondering what that smell was coming down the river this afternoon…..

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Its Sander LOL

All our fish came from Red Wing right in front of baypoint.
    We didnt stay there very long either so my guess is theres a pile of the little guys there!
    And hair jigs were are best producer!

Good Luck guys

walleyeguy
    Elk River,MN

Thanks,I’ll give a report when I get in. Will be there most of the day.

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Hey the park sounds like the best place to start.
    I’ll be at Everets about 1.
    Can’t wait to get this new E- tec in the water.

nord

Kerry, you must of had Brett with you again if you got shut out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

riverfan
    MN

I was up last Friday and the bite was tough. It was high bright sky’s and the wind was strong at times. That keep my pinned up at the dam. The only way I could get bit was to long line back and forth across the channel in the area below the plunge pool and above the first wing dam. All my fish came as I pulled a clear shad body on a 3/16 head up the drop, I would guess in they were 25′ range. What was interesting was when you got bit the fish would go goofy on it. The best fish I caught was a 20″ range walleye that I missed on the first strike but had it again before I could reel up the slack. Go figure.

Kerry Harvey
    Brownsdale, MN.

Nord, No excuses(but if I were to use one, Brett would be the best excuse) I just did’nt get it done.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Fishing has improved a bit over yesterday for some. I’ve had a few guys come back and report a smattering of saugers caught up near the dam around the edges of the scour hole. (NOT in it, around it!) I snuck out with Dustin this afternoon for about 1.5 hours and we pulled 8 nice eyes in 12- 15 feet of water on ringies fished slowly. All the fish caught went from 17 – 21 inches and really did whop the baits hard when they took them. I would have loved to have stayed out and fished more but the resort needs a babysitter.

The water is unbelievably clear and the most productive colors have been Stewart’s Pro Blue, Oystershell and Fire-N-Ice and straight purple. The really bright colors don’t seem to even get a second glance.

Pearl white and purple / pearl were our best jig colors. When the sun was behind the clouds we caught fish. When the sun came out we got short pecked… not even hard enough to be called an honest hit… but 8 quality ‘eyes in an hour and a half isn’t all bad either.

With that front coming through over the next couple days I’m betting we will see the fish really bust loose and go on a tear.

Too bad I’ll only get to hear about it from others coming off the water!

walleyeguy
    Elk River,MN

zip,zero,nada. Had the worst day ever on pool 4. No fish didn’t even see 1 fish caught in almost 6 hrs. Will be back soon though. They can’t hide forever.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hey Riverfan

What size and kind of shad body do you run? Dustin’s been playing with them a bunch lately and I fished one for a bit today and just couldn’t put things together with that particular bait but I do catch some nice fish on the from time to time.

I always looking for an excuse to buy more STUFF~!

Quote:

All my fish came as I pulled a clear shad body on a 3/16 head up the drop

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Just the simple jig and minow for my son and I. We started off in about 30′. Pulled up a few skinned minnows and I said dig out the stingers. We ended up with maybe 20 saugers and eyes in 3.5 hours. A lot of little ones but was a great start for the year. We stayed by the park area mostly in about 25 ft of water.
    Ya it will be interesting to see if they really turn on with the impending weather.

brett-king

Hey now why do you guys always have to pick on me .Besides it must be rough to have time to go fishing after that run in the Walleye-Insider I may not see the water this year .Anyone want to buy an un-used -un-rigged Alumacraft? Nord you must have one of those well deserved teachers days off so you can try your hand on the Ole Miss

riverfan
    MN

James,

I generally use the cheapest ones I can find. The one I used Friday is 3″, had a black back and a sprinkling of silver flake. They may have come from Barlow Tackle in TX. I also use clear beavertail grubs from Manns and Berkley. I’ve found clear is at it’s best in bright sun shine. As you might guess using a 3/16 head and moving across the channel I was moving very slowly.

nord

Brett, I had last Monday off, only it was toooooooooo cold to go to the river. I should get ready for the March 6 tourney. I don’t think any practice will help me anyway. I’ll send you a PM

nord

The PM didn’t work. Send me one or explain about the Walleye In-Sider and the Alumajunk you can’t use. You lost me, and that doesn’t take much.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Brett;

what do you mean you are selling an un-used, un-rigged Alumicraft?

I might be interested?!

brett-king

I was playing around about the boat .It is for sale but for the end of the season if you are interested it will have all the full warranties and be very nicely priced as you will save thousands.I will run a TPS185 black/silver with all the goodies.I do still have a nice tiller C-liner to get rid of also that was owned by non other then Kerry Harvey.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.