Ufda!..

• HommeDeNord
    Independence, Iowa.

The word sums up my one day of fishing…lol. Wow, fished: curves above lansing, desota point and area minnesota slue from mouth, to curves to clam beds, victory, sand dunes, genoia….cumlative results…(1) flathead, 3lbs. Which i did not even realize was a fish.. till it saw the boat and made a run. Water clarity not bad..Tried everything in our arsenol…and stuff we really did not even know how to do..lol. Funny part is we got out fished by two eagles… One of the eagles caught a fish so big…it could not lift it more that a foot off the water…flew about 100 yds with it and dropped it…Told my partner we should go get it..haha. We did tho…when we got back to the landing..get asked to save a wisconsin ladys thirty martin houses hanging over the water…she offered to give us some canned venison and canned chicken…which i nicely said no thank you…Then we climed the poles, balanced on tip of my lund alaskan, and saved by cuttting down her bird houses. Water temp…40.5. Really not alot of debris. Rollers wide open at genoia. Only saw 5 other boats on water from lansing to genoia…all of them were anchored one by one behind these huge pilons at the coal plant at genoia. Not shure if they were catching, if they were catching…but choose not to budge…anyway, really nice to be out with a good friend. Not sure how long it will take to pick up again…praying it will not be to long. Good luck to all. We need someone over on the wisconsin side to open a knowledge shop like everts…that accepts cookies!

HommeDeNord
    Independence, Iowa.

Maybe between BrianK, Dean, and James…An Everts 2, could be started out of Ecnooks garage….

littlebuddy
    Iowa City

Tough Day ! Thanks for the report.
    I was going up to fish Monday and Tuesday, I think I will wait. We have been catching some LMB in east central Iowa farm ponds.

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Historically ~ I have had better luck in the Q & Q department on outside seams after the river crests with BFishN or Kalin plastics. 5″ grub tails on anywhere from an 1/8 to a 1/4 ounce jig head.

All the rollers are sky high right now with some pretty violent & turbid water coming down. River is still on the rise and isn’t expected to crest for another 7 to 10 days. These conditions present a pretty tough challenge to keep your bait in the zone let alone dealing with the cold front that sailed through the area Thursday night.

The spawn typically occurs the 2nd & 3rd week of April. If the river forcast holds true we should have some pretty good fishing in the very near future.

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

Went by Genoa today and not a boat in sight this A.M. but the fishing float was loaded with people. When I came home this aft I did see 2 boats, 1 just at the end of the long wall and 1 over by the float. As Bosman said gates were wide open at 8 but closed down at 7 as were the rest upriver, at least the ones we could see on the Minn. side.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.