p2 flow

• matttienter1

Thinking of heading to p2 tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has seen the current water conditions. Seemed a little higher up by Anoka, but not to bad.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

You’d better fish it while you can, LD#2 opened 10 feet on there tainter gates since midnight, the water is a comin

greg_r
    Woodbury MN

I was down P-2 today (494) Looks like all the shore ice let loose and floating everywhere. along with the logs. The water vis= choc soup. water is rising fast.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Looks like there was a pretty short window for good fishin’ until it settles down a bit. Any idea on how much it has come up in the last few days?

thebigd25
    st. paul

i fished the confluence on sunday, yesterday and today and it hasnt come up much but its dirtier and flowing alright. plenty of prop wreckers floatin around today.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Better hit it now because it isnt getting any better. The flow is still not that bad. There is some ice and stuff floating around so some caution will be needed while under way. It is still very fishable down there and the fish where biting this afternoon. Purple/chartreuse paddle tail worked for us. With water temps dropping it may be a good idea to have minnows with to.

See you out there tomorrow.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Got out this afternoon out of Hidden Falls for a few hours. Walleyes/Saugers were elusive but we did find the motherload o’ roughfish. Caught a few on ringworms and grubs. Might have to get back down there this week with some carp/buffalo bait. The river wasn’t too bad although there’s a ton of ice and trees coming down on the Mendota side of the river below the confluence. Below Lilydale the ice and logs are everywhere. Be careful if you get out in the next few days.

jamesiner
    elk river, mn

big change in the flow and ice/debris in elk river this am….its heading your way yesterday there was not much floating yesterday in the river…today was a different story tons of ice and debris

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

big change in the flow and ice/debris in elk river this am….its heading your way yesterday there was not much floating yesterday in the river…today was a different story tons of ice and debris

You weren’t kidding what a change from yesterday!

Hidden Falls got crazy this afternoon. We were out in the late morning but the flow and debris was bit much for what we were going to attempt “hand-lining. ” so we bagged it. Long story short stopped back about 3 bells and the Ice got so bad it stretched the entire width of river below Hidden Falls. Not sure if the 3 boats that were down stream made it back up or not but when I left the river was unnavigable with Ice and tree’s clogging the river.

Here’s a couple pictures.

Pic 1: From the Hidden Falls launch!

Pic 2: And this is what it looked like above the Ford dam!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

That ice was shore to shore at the confluence too (from what it looked like crossing at 35E).

theodorenugget
    Sugar Land, TX

Here’s a pic from 3/16/2010, yesterday at 5:30

theodorenugget
    Sugar Land, TX

and a tree I’ll throw a jig at once it’s submerged under water..

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Surprised they haven’t burned that tree down like everything else in the area. I’m still PO-ed about the stump being torched down there…

theodorenugget
    Sugar Land, TX

Quote:

Surprised they haven’t burned that tree down like everything else in the area. I’m still PO-ed about the stump being torched down there…

Vandals & hudlums? I hear ya..grafitti & garbage everywhere..I felt out of place. On the water I wouldnt have given it a second thought but on foot, back in the woods past the fence was a little creepy.

Not sure if I was downwind of a water treatment plant but it really smelled bad. Water Run-off, spring melt or who knows what.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.