Katrina

• brad0383
    Farmington, MN

I have seen the Katrina area mentioned a few times but I have never been able to find it on the map. Can any of you pool 4 guys help me out?

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

It’s that real nice area that gets used in the spring, pretty sure it’s directly in front of Everts dock.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Bring your boat bumper…

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

You don’t need boat bumpers. It’s not an “area,” it’s basically one spot! It really only fits one boat – nicely. That’s why you need a 300 HP motor and/or be number one on take-off in a tournament too!

wkw

Your’e right Joe Moenck !! Did you renew your permit to fish there ? And all this time I thought it was down by Wabasha.
    WKW

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

It was at least big enough for Przekurat and Provost in the FLW and since being televised I’m sure will attract a crowd.

fishim
    Minnesota

There was one more boat in there to. A guy from Frontenac that hates tournaments tied up in there just to get in the way. He was drinking all morning and got a BWI later. Come to think of it he was the same guy that cut me off a “spot on the lake” the first day just to be a ^%$&^%$

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:

There was one more boat in there to. A guy from Frontenac that hates tournaments tied up in there just to get in the way. He was drinking all morning and got a BWI later. Come to think of it he was the same guy that cut me off a “spot on the lake” the first day just to be a ^%$&^%$^$%. oops did I just post that

This was probably the idiot that was posting on another site who said he was going to have his brother, uncle, cousin and himself all cram their boats into the cut so no Pro’s could anchor up.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

There was one more boat in there to. A guy from Frontenac that hates tournaments tied up in there just to get in the way. He was drinking all morning and got a BWI later. Come to think of it he was the same guy that cut me off a “spot on the lake” the first day just to be a ^%$&^%$^$%. oops did I just post that

And I know who he is His time will COME

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

If you want to fish that spot you’ll have to get there early and i mean early

brad0383
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

If you want to fish that spot you’ll have to get there early and i mean early

I don’t necessarily want to fish it, I was just wondering where it was. I am not one to fight for fishing spots. I have found that if I drop away from the crowd, I have had much better luck.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

It is a small area of a specific cut to a backwater lake spawning area where walleyes stage while exiting the backwater spawning grounds. There are other similar areas on pools 3 and 4 however due to some high profile tournament success from this specific location it’s taken on a life of it’s own.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.