Winona Dam Ramp

• bear
    Trempealeau

Just curious if the ramp by the dam is open. I know last weekend it was breaking up pretty good.

Thanks,
    Bear

Boone04
    Fountain city, WI

No there is still ice by the ramp. It probably extends 20 to 30 yards out yet.

bear
    Trempealeau

Thanks for info.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Boone,

Have you checked the ramp behind the Dam Saloon?

Dave

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

They’ve been fishing at Bass camp all week……I’m assuming they’re using the ramp behind the Wing Dam Saloon in Ft. City.

River is opening up in front of Winona more and more every day……should be any time now.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I decided to get off my and go look for myself. I have heard they have been fishing Bass Camp for a week but by pushing off the ice.

The ramp at Winona Dam is as stated, about 40 yards of ice.

The ramp behind the Wing Dam Saloon is iced in and it looks like Fountain City Bay has a lot of “pac ice” and some re-freeze in that area locking things up a bit. I’m not saying you can or can’t get through it but… There were tracks from someone who put in at this ramp and pushed off the ice recently but nobody out today.

I have not seen the Bass Camp area since last Friday but I assume the harbor is still locked up and that guys are pushing off the ice in the harbor. I heard some mixed reports of catches from there last weekend.

Dave

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Can anyone give an update on this post?

Bass Camp?

Winona Dam?

Wing Dam Saloon?

If I get time I’ll run out and look at a few but I know I will not have a chance to get out any time in the next week.

Dave

bassmaster
    SE, MN

the landings by the winona dam and both in fountain city are all still iced in. The lower F.C. landing is close maybe by the weekend it will be open. I havent been up to bass camp yet but from years past I’m sure its still not open.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Guy at work launched at Ft City yesterday. He didn’t mention pushing over ice?

Ice is off the East end boat ramp in Winona, but you might need to bring a shovel to get back up the ramp.

fatguy
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I would think that it should all be open water at the Dam Saloon right now. Usually is when you get a week of 40 degree weather. Always fished the barge there, never launched a boat. The sauger run big in Fountain CitY!

riverfan
    MN

I checked the FC public ramp Wednesday and it was within feet of being ice free. A little work should open it up.

John

bassmaster
    SE, MN

F.C. is open. Winona dams landing is still iced in.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.