Drain the trailer in the river!

• mike_utley
    Zumbrota, MN

It was a little later in the morning when we reached the river yesterday and it was quite obvious that fisherman were in a hurry to get out fishing.

It only takes a few minutes to let your trailer drain into the river. Pull forward slightly until it clears the water, then let it drain. I’d rather wait an extra few minutes per person than be sliding backwards into the river when launching.

Furthermore, let’s make sure we do the same when we are pulling out at the end of the day.

Last item – if you have water in your livewell, please don’t pull the plug as your buddy is pulling you up the ramp. Yes, I watched this happen last night after a 19′ Lund Pro-V had drained the trailer in the river, the person in the boat pulled the plug on the livewell as they headed up the ramp.

Jeff – thanks for working hard yesterday and salting the ramps more than a guy cares to do.

drechsler
    ia.east side scott co.

very good point to make. there have been times when you are the 4th or 5th boat in it can really be fun trying to get up the ramp, i have had to use my 4 wheel drive many times, because of people laying atrail of water up the ramp.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Very Excellent point

Dean, Jeff, Jim, Eric and myself put in some work to keep the ramps in good shape. Eric thank you for chiselling away today it saved me some arm ache

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Very Excellent point

Dean, Jeff, Jim, Eric and myself put in some work to keep the ramps in good shape. Eric thank you for chiselling away today it saved me some arm ache

You guys did a great job to. The ramps seemed to be in great shape this weekend.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

We try our best,but it only takes one person who forgets to make the ramps not- so friendly.Thanks for the reminder post Mike!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.