Pool 9 Eye’s & LMB

• bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Overcast skies today trumped fly hatch late last week. To the river I went for a little bank side mid day splendor. Blue black Rat L Trap was the first bait I tied on. Never took if off in the hour I was afforded to fish. Tis one of my fav’s to toss after some rain or between showers as was the case today. You can toss out and retrieve back and catch fish…..but if you really want to put the “A” in action incorporate a change of direction in your retrieve by swinging your rod tip from the 10 o’clock position to the 2 o’clock position while varying your retrieve speed a bit. Longer rods naturally promote more of a directional change versus shorter. The flash this bait emanates during a directional change fooled a few eyes (14, 20, & 21 inchers) along with several LMB. No fit to be hogs for bass today but plenty of 13 to 14 incher action. Back water running sloughs. Rocks one one side. Weeds on the other. While I didn’t have the boat on the river today rest assure there are 3 to 4 foot flats converging into a 15 foot hole at this local. The bass in the last pic was just hell bent to moon me despite a couple of smile pretty attempts. Good profile of the bait however and he’s now IDO famous.

superdave
    NE IA

Nice report Bos. How is the water clarity, it looks pretty good in your pictures. I was up last Thursday, and man was it dirty!

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Hey Dave!
    Clarity was exceptional today. What ever hit the ground for water the last day has gone pretty much straight in. No run-off.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Bank fishing at it’s finest…..great read and picture Bos

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.