pool 4??

• waleyangler
    woodbury,mn

heading down there in a few mins to see if we can do better than we did the other day??? any up to date info with the better weather? will post results when we get back….thanks.

waleyhunt51

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

with the better weather?

Wishful thinking? Winter storm watch Sat through Monday with high winds and temps in the 30s with blowing snow and freezing rain….
    Aint likely to produce a bite or warmer water temps… Cheer up we’ll be there sharing the (weather) misery…

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

I’m gonna let you guys tough it out, and will wait for your fishing report while I build a couple rods for my new Sealine 47s which will be loaded with 10 colors of leadcore. I’m thinking it may get pretty nasty out there by Sunday.

tonyplut
    Burnsville/Mille Lacs

I fished all day Thursday. Very tough conditions. Water is very cold, 38 degrees, and extremely high.

One thing I will say is the fishermen down there this year seem to be MUCH more polite than my past experiences on the river. My hats off to all the fishermen on the river. It’s so much more relaxing and enjoyable when we’re not all jerks.

Good luck.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Whoa now they are forecasting 7-10 inches of Snow through Sunday and 20 mph North winds on Monday….
    Are you kidding me? WOW I am bringing my Snowsuit!

By Tuesday the water temps will be 35 degrees again and Walleyes do not spawn below 43…so they will continue to be “stones” on the bottom…or stay in Pepin?…

up man
    UP MICHIGAN

Quote:

One thing I will say is the fishermen down there this year seem to be MUCH more polite than my past experiences on the river. My hats off to all the fishermen on the river. It’s so much more relaxing and enjoyable when we’re not all jerks.

Good luck.

I sure agree with ya!! Fished last weekend up by the dam where there was a ton of boats and everyone was very polite.

matttienter1

I’m almost ready to have my wife drop me off at the nut hut if this weather don’t break.

powereyes
    Elk River, MN

I second that. Fished much of Friday afternoon in the Hay Creek area along with a lot of other guys and everyone was very polite. It is hard to get away from the bumper boat situation in the springtime on the river and everyone handled it well yesterday. Hats off to everyone.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.