Anyone fishing tomorrow? (Thursday)

• rushcityranger
    Rush City Mn

Wooo Hooo!

Another chance to hit the river! I had a fantastic day last Friday, with my biggest going 26″! That fishery down there just blows me away! I caught the majority of my fish on ringworms and superdoos. I say majority because, at first I thought all of this hype about plastics was just that, hype! A way to catch fishermans wallets. Well, as a guy that has nothing to gain by saying this! Those baits are the real deal! I was really skeptical, so I fished one rod with standard jig and minnow, and another rod on plastic, when I came to the conclusion that it was evenly split 50-50 on which technique was working! Well, I am certainly no rocket scientist, (Anyone that knows me can attest to that) but when I was consistently seeing bigger fish on the plastic, and I didnt have to get my fingers wet, it was kind of a no brainer on what I was going to be fishing! So, my other rod I switched over to a Superdoo, and what seemed to work best was to just hover the bait off of the bottom, dropping occasionaly to make sure you were in the zone. I could not believe how the fish inhale these things, no tentative bites, no messing around with stinger hooks, just “Bam” fish on!

On another note, I have got to say how impressed I am with James Holst. It was awesome to see that he practices what he preaches, what I mean by that is that the info he shares on here is what he is actually doing! NEVER have I seen a more friendly and more helpful guide to his fellow fisherman! Hats off to you James!

Cory Frantzick

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I will be on pool 3 near the Hastings dam.

Niteeye
    Nashua,Iowa

I will be on 9 or 10 by noon. Then up to 4 for the rest of the weekend. Yahoo!Jd

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

Pool 2… Round 2 of the “Battle of Pigs”

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hi Cory

Thanks for the kind words… it was a pleasure meeting you as well and I’m glad to hear the doos and ringies worked for you. People SHOULD be skeptical any time someone talks about a product but in my boat it’s basically all I use. Ringies most of the time… doos for vertical aps and k-grubs when it’s piggie time! Throw in some hair jigs and I’m set. No bait this time of year, ever, and if you peek over the gunnel of my boat all you’ll see is tub after tub of plastics and LOTS of jigs!

Keep stick’n em!

stuart
    Mn.

James..How bout having Steve start an on the water bait store? You could tell us the hot color for the day.Then we could call him and he would deliver to our boats.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Well if we’re going to do that I’d like to see a house boat complete with large grills on the back from burgers and brats… and maybe hot coffee, etc.! Park that bugger on the tip of the “Y” and a guy could stop in between drifts and get eats and treats + bait.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Sounds great James, but the houseboat would have to have pitchers of beer served to us by Hooter’s girls. LOL

Gator Hunter

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ll bring my dad’s pontoon if someone can convince the hooter girls to work for me!!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Even better!

stuart
    Mn.

I dont think I could get a kitchen pass if that was to come about!But then it might clear the river during (HAPPY HOUR)so lets go for it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.