clinton

• kreading
    Iowa, Davenport

Ya Hey Guys – I know you read my Corp. post. I was in the middle of that stuff going from Roosters wdam up stream !!

I got’a laugh from you guys though ! Lived on the river all your lives and still don’t know your DAM and Pool ##s. !!!

Bellevue Dam is # 12, pool 13. Clinton is Dam13, pool 14 is the tailwaters on down to LeClaire. No wonder why I can’t tell where your secret spots are !!! later Gofish

eyesrit
    dav ia

finally someone explains it….

kreading
    Iowa, Davenport

Guys, glad you asked. In the Walleye class I teach, the above is the very confusion we sort out !!!

The confusion starts with hearing the words HEADWATERS and TAILWATERS. Yes, the river has both, times the number of dams go’n all the way to New Orl’ns. Here’s the twister. People confuse the water (pool) below a Dam as the starting point (the headwaters), contrayre, it’s really the END or the (tailwaters) of the pool.

Here’s what to remember “the water above the dam is the Headwaters” “the water below the dam is the tailwater”

So —– L/D 13-Clinton = Pool 14 (the tailwaters your fish’n and the wingdams your work’n rite now !!!

Great discusion mater keep it up !!!!!! Gofish

herb
    6ft under

And so whatever goes in the (heads), comes out the (tails).

Sorry Kensyl, I couldn’t resist.

Then again, you found that out the other day when they cleaned the rollers before setting them for winter.

eyesrit
    dav ia

if they are setting the rollers at clinton for the winter,does that mean they will be setting the rest of the dam rollers down stream for winter also??????

herb
    6ft under

The rollers at L & D 17 are set now.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

I’ve always know the difference, just like to keep ’em guessing! I fish POOL 14 90% of the time, pool 13 30% of the time, and pool 15 10% of the time. How’s my math?!?! LOL Actually most time for me is on pool 14, fishing L&D 13 tailwaters.

herb
    6ft under

130%!!!!!!!

Rooster! Where do you find the time?????

TTRIGGER
    Cedar Rapids IA

Hay rooster, I think it was my brother in law that told me you cant fish more than 100% of the time. Unless maybe your using up some borrowed time?

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

I bought a stuffed double of me. It just sets there in the chair and says “O.K.Honey!” Works like a charm, but when I bring him out in the boat to get that extra 30%, he outfishes me every time…..Yup…o.k. honey…gotta go now…I’ve been caught!

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.