Lookin for a little help.

• wilk71
    Albany, Missouri

Gonna be up on pool 4 for a couple days next week, and was wondering where best focus our efforts. from what i have read it seems that there is a bite in the river above the lake? where and what should we look for to get on some eyes? havent spent any time on the water this time of year so anything you can help us with would be much appreciated. Also…is it possible to get a mixed bag with smallies also or do you need to be down in the lake or on the wing dams?
    Thanks, Brian

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Brian,

The head of the lake area is a good bet right now, I have taken fish in this area on recent guide trips in 3′ to 12′ of water, the hard part is finding the depth they are holding in on the day you are out. Crawlers have been the hot bait for the last few weeks until today, all my legal fish came on leeches, not even a sniff on the crawlers .

The cooler weather is going to slow the bite a bit and the Sept “LULL” is about to come, it does every year. Today we fished the am hours looking for eaters and had 9 in the 15 1/4″ to 17″ range in about 4 hours then we went looking for the bigger fish which eluded us on this day , lots of big sheepies though

1/16oz to 1/8oz jigs just dragged along the bottom is a good bet

Let us know how it goes!

wilk71
    Albany, Missouri

Thanks Dustin. I will post how we did next week. Hopefully there wont be too much of a lull while we are hard at it!
    Brian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.