Bite this weekend?

• mkrakau
    Waukee, IA

It looks like the water is going down, but will it be close to normal by the weekend? Just curious what everyone thinks about what the bite will be like?

Thinking of making a weekend run to either pool 4 or Mille Lacs. I know that the fish are biting on the big pond, but would probably be able to spend more time on the water by heading to the river (and would love to catch one of those big girls!).

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Dont think you could go wrong with either right now!If you like trolling and fishing at night….get your tail up there.Our bite is fine here as well….decisions…decisions!

redneck
    Rosemount

OK Dean. You twisted my arm, I’ll give Pool 4 a try on Friday. See ya then!
    Rich

mkrakau
    Waukee, IA

Good to hear, Dean!

May keep an eye on the water levels and make a last minute decision. I probably have more confidence in catching fish on the pond than in high water on the river….but the thought of catching one of those big mama’s is very tempting!!

bigschtik
    Byron MN

Ive done both recently. Walleye were a rare catch for me and many others I talked to on the river. Plenty of saugers though. Mille Lacs is hard to beat this time of year. If your goal is big walleyes id go with Mille Lacs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.