Pool 11 Report 10-27-07

• andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

Headed up to Guttenberg today to give it a shot. We knew the flow was high but didn’t know the rollers were all wide open at the dam. Fishing was pretty darn tough for us. I think we caught 4 walleyes and 1 sauger. All were shorts except a 24″ eye, actually a saugeye. All were caught on one eyes. The big fish was right up near the dam off to the east side above the float. We saw a nice 6-7lber caught right before my buddy Brad got the 24. There’s still a lot of grass and junk in the water. I looked at the forecast and it is at it’s crest right now barring any more rain. I hope she comes down soon. Water temp was 53 degrees. We did catch some largemouth and white bass down in Ackerman’s and at the roller dam but nothing fast and furious like normal this time of year. Sorry I can’t give a better report

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

fished lower end of pool 11 on friday, water came up 2 feet in 2 days.fished mud lake area for crappies and gills. there was a ton of duck weed in the water, absolutely miserable. 2 inches of crap with a ton of eel grass mixed in. fished the pockets with little luck. ended up going down by the dam in a small back shoot with good luck. ended up with 9 gills and 2 crappies all bout half hour before dark. hunted pheasants today, got a good walk in cant wait till south dakota.

dwest
    North Liberty, IA

Thanks for the update. We tried on the 21st while the water was still rising and raging. We didn’t see a fish caught.

Ended up going trout fishing with much better results.

evileye
    Milan Il

Thanks for the report Andy …Just what we need down here more high water and grass

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.