POOL 12

• bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

Are there any eyes being caught on pool 12? Going up in the morning.I’ll report if we do any good,if the eyes aren’t biting will be trying for crappies.

bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

Well the plan was to tie up to the wall at the dam but there was a work barge there that took up almost all of the wall and there was already 2 boats tied to the bullnose.So we decided to head downstream and fish for crappies.It took us all day but the 2 of us ended up with a dozen crappies apiece.Talked to a guy at the landing that had limited out on walleye and sauger mix using 1 eyes on a wingdam.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

With the brutal south wind yesterday I found 3 fat keeper sauger just short on the 15inch mark at the tail waters of the Dresbach dam, it was a great breakfast treat There were a few 10 inch pvc fish caught also.

I wanted to go this morning but with the wind kick’n even harder today I elected to sleep and eat

Way to go on the crappies, nothing wrong with that

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Rick,

You are going to have to show me how to catch some of those nice pool 12 or 13 crappies one of these days soon! Maybe we’ll have to do a trip swap.

bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

John, There will always be an open seat in my boat for You.This Sat. or Sunday would be ok weather permitting.And the Sat. of the 13th of Oct.After that I’ll be spending alot of time in a tree stand till I get the buck that I want.I’ve got all my vacation scheduled so it would have to be on a weeek-end.Unless it is a short bow season. Let me know if you can get out in the next couple weekends. :wayto

Rick,

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Not looking good for me Rick
    I’ve been averaging 60 plus hours a week at work since the beginning of June, and it doesn’t look to be slowing down until the end of October at the earliest. Have not been able to fish much at all, and its been forever since I was able to put together a good pattern and a report.
    Hopefully, that tirty pointer will wander under your tree early on, then we can get out for some good fall fishin’!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.