Just plain fishing

• fishsqzr

Water has been dropping all week and the river is at its lowest point for the summer(carefull where you run with your motor – there are some shallow rock-piles and wingdams showing up). Fishing has been really good – crappies being caught on minnows fished in brush – largemouth and smallmouth on just about any exposed rock with slight current- caught 10 mixed on spinner baits, chompers, and salt craws. Caught 8 walleye (13 to 22 inches) on rock piles and wingdams using nightcrawlers on 3-ways and floaters. Great afternoon on the river – Oh, it was Pool

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I’m gonna have to get in my inner tube and float down to see you..Look for me float’n by !!

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

That’s good news. I’ll be on the river Saturday trying to do the same thing. Hope I don’t hit a rockpile. I stick to lakes for the most part. Can’t pass up a trip to the big river when I’m in the neighborhood though. I’ll be extra careful to look for innertubers.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

There’s not much current buddy. You better pack a lunch and leave some extra time to get there…lol

Quote:

I’m gonna have to get in my inner tube and float down to see you..Look for me float’n by !!

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Sounds like a great day John.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.