Place to eat on Pool 2 ?

• sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

I was reading the St.Croix forum and they were looking for a place to eat and I was wondering is there someplace on Pool 2 you can pull up and get something to eat?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

There is a diner right down town st paul. It is on the south side of the river down town. It looks like a old house boat. Havent eaten there yet.

davec
    St. Paul MN.

Willy’s Hidden Harbor, just south of the Ashland Refinery. on the same side of the river.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Never been into Willy’s. They have food there? Can a guy get a cold one there also?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Here is a link to the river boat grill:

http://www.riverboatgrill.com/

Great place to eat and grab a cold one! The picture looks like it’s on the downtown side of the river, but it’s on the Harriet Island docks. On nice days you can be served on the decks. Super breakfasts leaning on the southern spicy side.

Mike, yes Willys is a bar/resturaunt with banquet rooms.

-J.

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

Quote:

Never been into Willy’s. They have food there? Can a guy get a cold one there also?

I had a really good steak there once. That was almost 16 years ago though! If it is still around, I’ll have to try it again.

The place on Harriet…is that the Covington Inn?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

The place on Harriet…is that the Covington Inn?

The Covington is on the same dock, different boat.

-J.

beno
    St. Paul

I just ate at the River Boat Grill last weekend with my daughters after hitting the farmers market. Chow was pretty solid. If you are fishing, I would recommend calling ahead to have your food ready to go when you arrive.

From the looks of it I wouldn’t mind sipping a cool one on the upper deck during a summer evening.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.