Where to go?

• KirtH
    Lakeville

I was wondering if anyone has any comments on whether to go to Mille Lacs or Lake Pepin/Pool 4 this Sat? I am leaning to Lake Pepin to avoid traffic on Sat. but if the big pond is better I will go there. I am also taking my son who 9 so I would like to put him on some fish. Also any northern action on Lake Pepin?

Thanks KLH

teamvexilar
    Richland Center, Wisconsin

i’ve heard they’ve been catchin nice panfish near shore and some nicer ‘eyes at pepin, but i’m not sure about the northerns. Don’t know much about mille lacs……

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The bass bite has been fantastic, the walleye bite fairly good and from the few guys I talk to that fish for pike, they’re getting a few around the tribs coming into the lake. No word on the panfish bite. The bass are hitting tubes, the walleyes are still getting themselves caught on plugs around Maiden Rock and the pike will take spoons, spinners or a big rattle trap. If it was me, I’d go bass fishing! Lots of big smallies coming to my boat lately and others that I’ve spoken to recently are doing well too. Let us know how it goes for you.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hi Kirt, Mille Lacs was pretty much a bust for walleyes, and did get a few smallies. some club boats this last weekend had no fish at all. I did make a post on FTL, but it doesn’t say any more than, go with James” idea and stay in the local area and go to Pepin. let me know how you do. Jack.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.