Pool 4 Saugerfest!!!!

• erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Hit pool 4 today with a fellow co-worker to see if we could find some fish to bring home, nothing better than spring time walleye and sauger! Arrived to Everets around 630 and after getting the low down from Dean in the Shop and Eric at the ramp we were on our way to find some of them big Sauger we all know so well! Cruised the shore surprised on how few of boats there were THAN! Found a small pocket out of the current right on the break from 14ft-8 ft. and worked sour apple an firecracker/chart. ringworms and paddle tails from the current and let it sweap through this area and it didn’t take long to figure out we had made the right choice with 2 Sauger in the box in 2 MINUTES!! Had a strong bite the entire morning we fished but saw a big change in the bite once boats began to work the area as well. Live bait bite was not real strong today that we noticed for us. Saw others have success with it though so who knows. Brought home a 2 man limit of 15-19 inch fish and man do they look like they are going to be good tonight!!! Thanks to Dean and Eric again for the quick heads up to help narrow down the search again can’t thank ya guys enough always great seein everyone up there again. Saw a few IDA stickers out today as well ,too. Maybe one of you guys donated the purple/white tail ringworm to our anchor rope than. Here is a pair of nice Sauger!

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

and here is the end result sorry fogot to bring the camera on the water with us today

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Wow looks like you guys had a blast, nice job on the fish erick.

oldguy
    Lisbon, Iowa

Man I hope I can do that once before i’m to old to get in a boat. Then cook e’m and eat. What a great day you had.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Hey Erick!

Fun out there today with no rain for a change! We were the boat directly downstream from you guys (blue Lund Mr. Pike). It took us a little longer than you guys but we got our 3 man 15-19″ sauger limit too! Ringies and jigs with chartreuse and/or orange were the ticket for us. There is a picture of us with 6 of our bigger saugers in Greg’s report (Dean tacked it on.)

We also got to give Dean a big thank you for the always good info and service!

OOps! Almost forgot! Thanks Jamie for taking our pictures!

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

saw the IDA sticker on the boat I was curious on who that was too lol ya there was some big fish in there to I got broken off twice at the boat and the one was lets just say BIG one thing is for sure people saw we were on fish there holy smokes and by the way congrats on the smallest fish I have seen caught with a ringworm too haha

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Thanks! I was snagging some real tiny fish out there! I would feel these little taps set the hook and mini-saugies would come flying out of the water.

dd

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

Nice going bud! I was wondering if a guy could set some tree stands in a few places just in case I couldn’t get my boat in. That would be cool.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

DD, I’m stationed at Everts today…just looking at the photos on the counter and found your mug with a group of nice eaters!
    Just because the last time we went fishing together it cost you money, doesn’t mean we can’t go out again…I’ll buy.

evileye
    Milan Il

Nice bunch of fish Erick!
    Looks like you guys had some fun, Thanks for sharing

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Way to make a guy feel good BK! What he do,Loose a rod?

You never offer to go with me! jerk!

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Brian you are always welcome in my boat. In fact if you want to you can go sit in it right now. I got the cover off and I’m hoping to dry it out a little bit before the rain starts again.

Seriously, I’ll send you a pm when I’m going and we’ll hook up soon sir!

Joel

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.