POOL 9?

• BobB
    Dodgeville, Wisconsin

Any open water aty Genoa yet? Is the ramp open … how is the bite????

Bob.

superdave
    NE IA

Same story on 10 at Lynxville…….

eyetracker
    waterloo Ia

Was hoping to get to P 10 this weekend with a boat Guess I still get to play with the marcum

walleye24
    NewHartford IA

That warm weather had me keyed up. Have to pick up some trolling motor parts but other than that the boat could be ready in a couple hours. Mother nature needs to hurry and melt that Genoa ice. Eyetracker, I am also from the waterloo area. Do you fish here locally much?

eyetracker
    waterloo Ia

Not too much, considering it is usually a waste of time Don’t get me wrong…there are good fish to be caught, just few and far between We are desparate for a quality fishery around here!! I like to fish the river and it’s backwaters, also I have a farm pond in your neck of the woods, i would like to get back to. Rick….are you listening???

tolden
    Stoddard, WI

Genoa is open. It opened up yesterday and the landing is open as well. Weather is not looking that favorable for putting in the next couple of days though with snow and ice forcasted. Parking lot plowed. Sand pile is there for sanding the landing but the best thing is to pull your trailer up just enough so that the water can drain back into the water and not up the ramp like so many people like to do. all that does is ice it up for the next person.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

When you say “open”, how much is open? From the landing and south? Or from the discharge? Details man, details I don’t have a boat to get there, but it is nice to dream

jld
    Holmen

My boat is just waiting in the garage and it sounds like hard water fishing my be on hold for a while with all the slush and water. Like Wats said details, please!!

tolden
    Stoddard, WI

Tuesday they shut all the tainters and rollers but one. It ended up opening up the channel up to the dam. Prior to that you could only fish down stream from the warmwater discharge. Open now up to the dam.

I will out there this weekend.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

tolden-You are my hero for the day
    Now, does anybody have an open seat for some open water walleyes

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Quote:

best thing is to pull your trailer up just enough so that the water can drain back into the water and not up the ramp like so many people like to do. all that does is ice it up for the next person.

Exactly I would like to stand at the bottom of that ramp with a baseball bat in the winter and spring. Every vehicle that doesn’t drain the trailer both times (unloading and loading) would lose a headlight. Especially on the Genoa ramp

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I now have drool going down my chin from the thought of open water I just want to touch it to see what it feels like

honda75
    Iowa

The weather is going to have to start cooperating though if anyone wants to go out though.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Looks like the weather is great We have temps in the 30’s, open water, and will have less wind by the weekend. What more do you need?

superdave
    NE IA

I’m heading up to cabelas on sunday to pick up the new lms 520, I might drive up the road and see what lynxville looks like. Hopefully I”ll be out there in the next couple of weeks.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

UPDATE on Genoa
    The ramp is NOT plowed since the last few snowfalls and has 6″ or more of snow and ice underneath. The river is also only open from below the discharge and points south. Belgianbucktail and myself made the trip from Holmen this morning only to have to turn around and come right back. There is no way you could get down and back up the ramp right now. The open water that was there is all slush as well It is going to be awhile longer before it is fishable

eyebuster
    Duluth

You got my hopes up, I almost went and got the boat and parked in the street

tolden
    Stoddard, WI

AMWATSON…..Saturday? I was there on Sunday and the ramp was clear as a bell. The parking lot is not plowed out completely but there are places to park. We put in and wend down river and had 3 nice eaters to bring home.

My source, my brother-in law who works at the power plant is going to get an ear full wednesday night at archery league. He told me it was open up to the dam. I am going to give it to him big time….. Oh well, still nice to get out on the water.

I know of guys who have been fishing down there all week long. Did you try and put in? Saturday was a little colder than sunday but we made it down and in. No ice on the ramp what so ever.

tolden
    Stoddard, WI

OH, you might not want to put in a big boat though. Although I did see one alumacraft down there with a 90 on it.

jld
    Holmen

We couldn’t even think about putting in Saturday AM. We might have been able to back down in but getting out would have been a chore(ie impossible)What was the deal with the boat froze into the river at the dock. His wife must have really wanted him home on time to leave his rig and let it freeze into the river full of snow. That’s good to hear that the ramp is now open again though.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

tolden-It is very possible somebody came Saturday and plowed it after we left. We got there around 8 or so and even the road leading back there was full of snow. There was a boat tied to the dock that was frozen in and full of snow as well. The trailer was sitting in the parking lot as well. I am sure he couldn’t get back up the ramp when they were done fishing.
    But, yep, there are some nice places to fish below the landing. Usually early spring that is where e start since the dam area is still frozen

tolden
    Stoddard, WI

That is the local commercial fishermans rig I believe. There is not much room to back down but you can get down. As long as people let their trailers drain off, everyone should be able to get down and up the ramp. There is a sand pile at the top of the ramp as well for your used. I also carry a big bag of salt with me every year for the early season fishing down there anyway.

Good luck and I am heading out agian on Friday.

Tonto1
    W & E Wi

Just a word a caution I have seen 4wd slide down that ramp and into the water. So be carefull on the ski jump.

Craig Schmitt
    west union ia

Is the water open to the dam

Craig Schmitt
    west union ia

does anyone know if lynxville is open or close to open that it would be by the weekend

jld
    Holmen

Good luck on Friday Tolden make sure you post how you did if you don’t mind. I am hoping for a Sunday run if things work out right.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

does anyone know if lynxville is open or close to open that it would be by the weekend

I’d heard a report that it was close to being open last weekend. I can’t confirm that though.

superdave
    NE IA

Anybody know if lynxville is open yet, or maybe the blackhawk ramp?

honda75
    Iowa

If you would have gone to cabelas last weekend dave you could have told us.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.