How about the bite on pool 17 18 or 19

• carphunter
    SE IOWA

Just checking to see if anyone has been on pool 17 18 or 19 in the last few days. I am looking to go on wednesday and any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Chad

constructit
    Monmouth, IL

Bite was decent on 18 Saturday and Sunday. Saugers 23-26 feet Walleye 15-17.

kasualobzerver

Upper end of 18 for parts of two days the last week and upper end of 19 for half a day as well. Bite has toughened up since Thanksgiving when it was about as good as it gets in these parts in my opinion. Water temp had come up 3-4 degrees yesterday from the previous weekend, no ice anywhere. Current flow is up a good bit and what fish I found were in different places than before. I managed to catch a few on plastics Friday and Sunday but had to put it to them slow and methodical. Good luck, let us know how you do.

carphunter
    SE IOWA

Thanks for the help guys

Will let you know how it comes out

Thanks Chad

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

pretty good bite sat and sun on 19. lots of little walleye and saugers, but we had some keeper walleye and a 22-incher we released, of course.

kept some saugers for the frying pan both days.

never had much of a pattern but, working eddies and breaks, most fish came from 16 to 25 feet. we would catch a few, bite would slow, then change baits and/or move and catch some more on hair with minnows, fireballs/minnows, a few on paddletails and ring worms, some on gulp.

got the day off work and heading back to happy rock in about half an hour.

good luck

btw, cant help you if you are hunting for carp

carphunter
    SE IOWA

We fished pool 19 today from 9am till 1pm. It was slow slow slow, steady light to medium rain all day. There were about 8 boats there all together, a few small saugers in about 25 to 30 feet with plastics. I saw very few fish being boated today. It was still good to get out and try, maybe next week.

Thanks for the help

iowahawki
    Muscatine, Iowa

Pool 17 bite is still slow. Not giving up though. What else is there to do this time of year?

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

i am sitting here kicking myself for not being at the river right now. but not enough window of opportunity since i have to be at work about 3.
    heading to pool 19 tomorrow and likely again tuesday.
    hope the plastics bite is as good as it was this past tuesday.

herb
    6ft under

Just checked the stage and flow for Keithsburg.
    Near 8ft and almost 65,000cfs now. Might be a bit muddy too.

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

bite was tough sunday and today.
    river up and definite flow increase. not unfishable by any means, but water clarity way down.
    did a lot of searching; not much luck.
    but beautiful weather both days and lots of eagles have arrived.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.