Pool 2 this weekend?

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

So who is going to be out on pool 2 the next few days. Im hoping to spend a fair amount of time down there persuing saugers during the day and night time walleyes. Weather looks like it should be pretty nice.
    Hopeing to get out this afternoon for a few hours. Front seat is open if anyone can sneak out. Planning on putting in around 4 and fishing until maybe 10. Going to catch my 10# wallturkey tonight.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’d love to, Pretty much finished winterizing my boat yesterday, but I don’t think it’s gonna fly wife the wife… I’m posting from the Hospital room where we are preparing for the little turkey to show up today. Catch a big one for me. Pics to come later

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Way to go nick. What a way to spend thanksgiving. Are you catching today. My wife kicked me during delivery of our 1st one. Just about put me on the floor. Had them drug her up a little better the second time around.
    Wishing you guys the best and a happy thankgiving.

Moores Bait

Congrats nick, now that is something to be thankful for. Hope everything turns out, wishing you two the best…Bob

KevinHaire
    Coon Rapids, MN

Are you interested in fishing Saturday? I’m a lake guy and a new IDA member who’s just started river fishing. I also live pretty close to you. Been to P2 once, P4 once and have been studying and drooling over the IDA posts and the video!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

A couple of photos

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Thanks guys, I’ll let ya know

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

anouther

Big E
    Saint Paul, MN area

Mike, I won’t make it out this weekend, but did get out on Tuesday. Had a good day, not great. Best action was between 1:00 and 2:00 p.m. including a 27″. Not much around sunset – go figure. I had to head in around 5:30, so didn’t give it much of a shot after dark.

cajunisland
    Toadsuck, Arkansas

That there sure is a perdy fish. How do you fellers see to fish after dark? We fish them cats down here on the rever, but we just chuck a chunk of meat out there on a lead wate. I would like to ceach me one of them walleys.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

On pool 2 there are a fair amount of lights n the shorelines to help see where you are at. Other than that you need to get real familiar with what is out there before heading out at night. Try practiceing pitching jigs with your eyes closed.

shayla

Quote:

That there sure is a perdy fish. How do you fellers see to fish after dark? We fish them cats down here on the rever, but we just chuck a chunk of meat out there on a lead wate. I would like to ceach me one of them walleys.

Huh? I’ll be down there on Saturday if I can ever stop laughing! Please tell me that’s not for real Cajun.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Quote:

Please tell me that’s not for real Cajun

After looking at the profile I was thinking either somebody with a sense of humor, or a troll

shayla

I checked the profile too! Says he’s a “Bra Salesman”.

Yeah, right, and I’m a fighter pilot turned Playboy photographer!

beno
    St. Paul

I plan on a few hours on Saturday morning. My bro is in town and I hope to show him how I can successfully fish without boating a single walleye for hours on end.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Was suprised to see not many boat out there today. We got on the water around 3 and fished until 7. Only picked up 4 eyes. 1 at 20″. The rest where 24 to 25″. Had on 24″er that weighed in at 6.5#. Sorry no pictures. Had 2 dead cameras. Chartruse pepper ringworms got the nod tonight
    Anyone else find much today?

FishHead
    ST Paul

Hi, I’m considering going today or and tomorrow. Have a nice lund and some experience on pool 2. I would probably fish ringies maybe some cranks. I’m open to anything, have boat will travel.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Mike,

I was out with AlvinMack on my first full trip (boat broke down on the water on Thursday morning) of the season. I found you and lip ripper in the spots I was planning to fish right at dark, so we tried elsewhere. The only fish that made it to my boat were some shad that we snagged. This is the second or third time I’ve fished with Mack on P2 and gotten skunked. He is cursed!!

Anyway, it’s nice to be back on the river for the cold water season! I’ll be back out tonight, probably.

John

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Lately we have been having problems with missing most of our fish after dark. The walleyes are still smacking the ringworms real good but then there gone. Wondering whats up with this. My thought is that maybe the water is still to dark at night for the fish to see the lure real well. You guys have any tricks to connecting with more of these misses. Trimmimg downthe ringworm comes to mind. Adding a stinger is a thought also but not sure of what it might do to the action of the lure.

Im planning on hitting it again this afternoon. Will see you down there.

ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

Mike that was happening to me a couple weeks ago and trimming the baits helped. I would take the head piece off the ringworm and use a lighter jig. If theres no wind a trimmed ringie and a 1/8 oz weight pretty easy to feel. Add some wind or dark though and I am terrible with that little of weight

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Anybody want a fishing partner tomorow(sunday)? I could fish morning or afternoon, but have to be home by 5pm.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Mike,

I trim the ringworm down an inch or more if the short hits get bad. I also notice a much better hookup ratio when I’m using mono. A lighter jighead can help, too.

John

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Good fish guys!
    I was out all day on Friday and most of the day on Sunday. The day bite the last couple days has been slow for my boat. The lowlight bite has picked up considerably though!

Nice fish guys!

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I was out all four days of the long weekend and got a fair amount of fishing in Fri-Sun. I fished last night with Mike W, and I bet he’ll post a report. Hopefully he’ll skip the part where he outfished me! The day bite was poor with all the sun … no point in fishing before 4pm so far as I can tell. The fish we found from dusk on were definitely scattered around, but didn’t seem to have a problem biting. Firecracker and chartreuse k-grubs and ringworms took fish, mostly on 1/8 ounce heads.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thanks for the company last night John. I did put up soe photos and a small report on what was working in with Walzers post on thakgiving walleyes. I didnt find any of your photos on my camera or you would be on there also.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.