A great Pool 2 weekend

• walzer
    Afton, MN

Friday, Saturday, Sunday, I was lucky enough to be on Pool 2. Friday started out clear and cool. The plan was pitching plastics to wingdams, but not any wingdam; you really had to look for the dams with the most flow on them right now. The day started off a little slow for my boat. After jumping around to a few spots and nothing, I switched over to hair jigs and started connecting with some fish. You really had to stay mobile on this day, jumping spot to spot to find the active fish. I could usually pull a couple fish from a wingdam and then move on to the next.
    Saturday and Sunday was more of the same. Ringworms and 3/16th oz. Precision jig heads were by far the hottest baits this weekend. Green heads and purple bodies outproduced any other color by far. One thing’s for sure; I have never seen any fatter fish than these right now. These walleyes have definitely been eating well.

walzer
    Afton, MN

Another hawg.

walzer
    Afton, MN

One more

walzer
    Afton, MN

Thanks Jon,

Congrats on your monster ski

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Walzer- Those are some great looking fish. Congrats Love2Fish

beno
    St. Paul

Nice fish Walzer. What’s even nicer is the amount of time you were on the water over the past weekend. Do you have any words of wisdom I could use with my wife?

See you on the water.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Walser,
    Great looking Walleyes.
    Congrats..
    Jack..

walzer
    Afton, MN

Beno,

I’m afraid I can’t offer any words of wisdom to give to your wife. I’m not married, so I’m pretty open to fish whenever I would like to. Wish I could’ve helped.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Nice P2 beauties, Walzer!

shayla

C’mon Walzer, your posts are killing me! I have a baby on the way, how am I supposed to support it if I have to skip work every other day chasing those big walleyes you keep posting on here?

Good job, once again!

walzer
    Afton, MN

Thanks Slipsinker,
    Sorry for the torture but I just can’t help to share these monsters. Did you make it down this weekend?
    Congrats on the baby on the way.

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Keep those pics rolling in! Did you run out of those ring worms you picked up? It was nice meeting you over at sportsmans warehouse last week.

martin_vrieze
    Eagan

Quote:

C’mon Walzer, your posts are killing me! I have a baby on the way, how am I supposed to support it if I have to skip work every other day chasing those big walleyes you keep posting on here?

Good job, once again!

Get used to it…I have two boys who like fishing…and playing football…and playing basketball…and playing baseball…

I take whatever time scraps that get thrown my way when everyone elses’ activities are finished.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Nice fish Walzer! Those are some dandies!!

walzer
    Afton, MN

Hey JakeH,
    Nice to meet you too. The ringworm supply is holding up good. I could use some BFT Precision jig heads. My dad put a nice dent in my supply of them this weekend, but it was well worth it.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.