Pool 2 10-27

• walzer
    Afton, MN

I was able to make it out to Pool 2 on Friday. What a beautiful day to be on the water. You couldn’t have asked for better weather than we had today. My gameplan for today was to target wingdams with plastic. With the low flow right now, it’s tough distinguishing where the wingdams are; they don’t have to classic ripple going over the top of them. I was able to find a few wingdams that had a little current going over them, and that was the key. We worked the dams with the most flow with 3/16th oz precision heads with purple ringworms and chartreuse tails. That was the killer color combo for today. We tried various colors, but the purple and green was the ticket. First fish of the day was my personal best, 28″ and fat. I ended up with 8 eyes for the day all between 23″ and 28″.

walzer
    Afton, MN

More pics

walzer
    Afton, MN

One more.

shayla

Awesome fish, Walzer! Was a great day to be on the river, did you see many other boats? Thanks for the color tip, hopefully give it a try on Sunday!

emover
    Malcom, IA

Walzer
    Those are some beautiful fish! It had to be a great day

dave

walzer
    Afton, MN

Thanks Slipsinker, I actually didn’t see many boats at all. I probably only saw 3-4 other boats cruise by, but I didn’t see anyone else fishing around me. Good luck Sunday.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Nice fish and pics Walzer. The colors in the background are excellent. You are right on about seeing the wing dams. It is pretty tough with any wind blowing and no current. Good to see they are biting when the sun is shining too.

alan34
    MN

awesome fish! Good job on the pb.

beno
    St. Paul

Nice fish Walzer.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Good job boys! You werent using any of those pool 4 secret jigs on pool 2 were ya?

walzer
    Afton, MN

Thanks Dean,
    What secret jigs are you referring too?
    Actually purple ringworms with chartreuse tails were the hot item that day. I actually almost ran out of them, they were getting pretty torn up by the fish. I had to go out and get a few more packs of them. I’ll be stocking up on some of those secret jigs next weekend. See you then.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Good catches Walzer!
    Those are some great looking walleyes!
    Congrats on the personal best.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

First fish of the day was my personal best, 28″ and fat.

Nice way to start the day Derek! Congrats!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.