St. Cloud area.

• jonn

Does anyone else fish the St. Cloud to Little Falls area of the Mississippi? Just an FYI, I fish it once a week and the action is terrific! The high and fast water this year concentrates the fish into small areas making for some fast action.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

How big of a boat can you get on there? What kind of fish other than Walleye,and Smallies can you catch?

FTR Regular

jonn

I fish out of 680 Ranger with a 50HP. The boat is just under 17′ feet long. I was fishing the river in a 18-1/2′ deep-v Skeeter with a 150HP. You need to know where you’re going, but after a trip or two you’ll remember where the shallow spots are. As far as fish, I have caught smallmouth, walleyes, crappies, northerns and muskies out of this area. A good place to start is Sauk Rapids, above the champion paper mill dam. An access is located just north of there along the river road. I hope this helps.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

JonN,

As mentioned in some earlier posts that I grew up just north of Sartell and have spent many many years up there fishing the Miss. You are right there is some very good fishing to be had up in that stretch of the river. My dad (now retired) fishes every single day up there and has the best fishing he has ever had. All the species you mentioned and lots more. This is a great fishery and I make it up there to fish it at least once a week to get out with my dad and enjoy it as well. The park you are referring to by Sauk rapids is Wilson Park. This stretch has some great smallie action. Many in the 18-20″ range with a few 20″+ fish.

So fun to get back home and fish.

Good Luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.