494 Ramp, Pool 2

• Big E
    Saint Paul, MN area

Any word on the 494 ramp… is the road open? Is the ramp useable? Thanks…

like_mike-ike
    Burnsville, Minnesota

It was last Sunday. The river was up and the current was strong.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

The ramp was open all last week. I will let you know today if it is as well.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

BigE,

The 494 ramp is wide open and it does not appear to be closing any time soon.

Big E
    Saint Paul, MN area

Thanks. Hope to get out soon, Sunday at the latest. I would think the warmer temps would have the fish on the bite (if they weren’t already).

ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

Big E, Hows it going??? I thought you were a p4 guy Every day you dont make it down your missing out. The fish have been very cooperative the last 3 weeks so no need to wait. Current flow is back on the way down and by sunday we’ll see how it goes but there should be plenty of areas with fish to be found!!!

rickk
    Eagan, MN

Sorry, I didn’t get this reply out sooner. I launched yesterday at 494 and the ramp is open. The dock is gone so it makes it a little tricky. Bring tall boots or hip waders. Maybe they are going to put the dock back out after the water goes back down a bit. The flow was really moving yesterday. We boated a number of saugers and then before the rain hit, a nice walleye just under 28″ grabbed a crankbait. In the strong current, that was the best fight I ever had with a walleye.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Nice fish Rick! We just avoided the rain yesterday as I watched it off in the distance.
    We boated 9 fish, with only one fish coming on hair jigs the rest came on small cranks!

As RatherBfishin stated, the bite for the most part has been real consistent. Cranks have been the best producer on most days for my boat. We have seen a couple days where hair jigs are absolutely the best thing going, but for the most part, cranks have been best.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.