Pool 2 – Tuesday July 31

• DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Very good night on the water. 14 walleye and 5 sauger in just over 3 hours of fishing. Most came in the last hour, then I needed to get off before dark. Everything on shap raps. All but 6 over 15″. Bite really started good around 7pm, still a decent bite before that.

Nice to see a couple of FTRers on the water. Hope to be back out soon.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Thanks for the tip when we saw you Dave. Only one smallie in the boat up to that point, but then caught 5 walleyes and a big drum after you left.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Out Friday evening again. Not bad, but not nearly as good as Tuesday. My first time on a weekend evening-I wonder if the boat traffic has some negative effect.

In around 3 1/2 hours, 6 eyes (only 2 above 18″), smallies, striped bass, catfish, 1 6-10 lb northern and drum. No sauger-weird!

Enough action to keep your attention though. Never more that 10-15 minutes between bites of some species. Everything on shap raps.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Hey dave,

We got about 3 or 4 eyes a piece and we boated a couple smallies each also. Nothing huge, but nice “eaters”. Everytime I catch a 18″ fish down there I think wow these fish are healthy. That just amazes me when you think about how bad it smells at times. I think danger and nubbin are going to be out with me on Tues this week.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I should be out there Tuesday or Wednesday. Those 18″ fight like crazy too, probably strong from fighting that strong current non stop.

nubbinbuck

Fished the area around the Hwy 5 bridge. Took 6 Walleyes in 6 passes underneath the bridge. 11.5′, trolling a Perch colored Bomber.

Also thought I had a trophy on last night further north by the launch. Great fight, wouldn’t come up… turned out to be a Catfish.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.