Lynxville

• BobB
    Dodgeville, Wisconsin

I fished Lynxville Saturday and Sunday. Saturday the bite picked up around 8:30 am, but was pretty closed to done by 1:30. I saw some folks do pretty consistant with dragging. Most fish were picked up below the long wall on the sand flats. I could not get a pattern going. I picked up fish with firecracker ringies, as well as purple and chartruese tail. Also, kelly green hair put fish in the boat. It seemed like a lot of dinks were caught on minnows up by the dam. I did see three fish in the 6 pound class get picked up Saturday morning, but I did not catch a fish over 17 inches. I did take home 3 good sized 15-16 inch eaters. Sunday was very slow for me. THen my motor was acting up and I left. I did not hear of anyone doing very well on Sunday.

I think the night fishing will be picking up in the very near future…I look forward to casting to the shallows!!

Bob.

mb757
    Dodgeville, WI

Bob – I was down Sunday from about 8:30 till 3:30 and we didn’t do very well. We caught 2 saugers and missed a few the surprise of the day was a 36″ shovel nose. I think we must have had a cold front come through as you didn’t see a lot of nets out. I keep telling myself it’s the weather as I know it can’t be me (lol).

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

Thanks for the report Bob You will have mail momentarily.

superdave
    NE IA

I tried to get out on sunday, but never made it off the trailer, my starter solenoid crapped out. Next weekend they better look out.

BobB
    Dodgeville, Wisconsin

Dave,

Get that motor fixed man!! Fishing is gona start picking up soon!! Night fishing is really gonna get going, they are picking them up around the Blackhawk area, and MN slough. Lynxville is heating up. I am getting my motor fixed as well. Now is the time to be on the water!

superdave
    NE IA

Will be up and running by the weekend! See ya then.

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Sorry to hear about your motors, guys! I have that kinda luck with trolling motors. Is anyone going to Lynxville tomorrow?(Wed.) I’ll be up there, so hopefully I’ll post a report Wed. night.
    GOOD LUCK ALL!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.