Hubbards Fishing Float Lynxville Dam

• FallingRock1
    Eastman Wi

Well it that time of year again.The float will open on Saturday the 18th.For those of you with out boats this is a great place to fish.Bill and company have put alot of time in fixing up the float for this season.Hope to see ya out there.

superdave
    NE IA

I’ll be sure to wear my coat with the target on the back.

elheldt
    N E Iowa

what are the times for the launch p/up and drop/off.

honda75
    Iowa

I saw them two weekends ago working out there. Two guys were getting the float all arranged and boards replaced.

jeweler
    Wisconsin

Or the last boat!!!! Ha, ha, ha!

bdirks
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Len,

We had a couple problems with the Lynxville barge last year. Once we got on the barge we had a good time, it was getting there that was the problem. On 2 occassions we sat at the ramp with the bucket/flag up, after we stopped into your place and they radioed, for over an hour. On a seperate occassion they never came at all. We stopped into the Rock and the nice lady working was rather disgusted that the barge guy wasn’t there even though he was supposed to be open. Len, does Bill have someone that will be able to either cook breakfast at the barge or run the transport boat so that he doesn’t have the same problems? You and the other folks at the Falling Rock are great and very helpful and I am not disappointed in their service. I am concerned and don’t want to drive 2+ hours to get to Lynxville to have to drive to Guttenburg or Genoa. Is Bill still doing the overnight trips?

Thanks,

bdirks

FallingRock1
    Eastman Wi

I’ve been told that there will be more than 1 person on the float on weekends as for the week days I’m not sure.This year he has put up a bright orange flag at the landing and we will still give him a call on the radio.I think that he has the bugs worked out this year.They still have overnite fishing,reservations are your best bet and you can call the bar for that.Hope to see ya’ll soon.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.