3 ways

• erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

What size sinkers have everybody been using I have been using 2 ounce for everything trolling and drifting I think this is to big. What do you all use for size now?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I carry sizes from 3/8 to 2 1/4 ounces. What ever weight it takes to keep my line at a maximum of a 45 degree angle. I prefer it to be closer to vertical than to the 45. The less weight I can use the better the sensitivity in my opinion.

walleyeboys
    Live in Rochester Mn.

Hi Rick, I use anything from 1oz to 5oz depending how fast or slow I’m going and how fast the current is or how deep I am. Bill

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

I use 2 -3 oz most but up to 5ozs. I usually don’t use three ways under 10 feet.(on Purpose LOL), but you would be amazed how fast you can pull a stick bait on a three way with a 5 ozer on it, and still stay close to 45 degrees. One of the pros was mentioning 5-6 mph when he wanted to cover a lot of ground in prefishing for tourneys, and he seemed to think he would get fish if they were there . Lawrence

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

I will some times go down to a 1/2 oz if you are fishing shallower say 3′ to 6′ of water this will not keep your line at a 45degree angle but will allow you to get the bait farther away from the boat and spook less fish, if you are using your electric to troll you don’t have to get as far away from the boat.

See ya on the river

Dustin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.