Doo or Die… Pool 4 on 12-11

• rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Ice fishing? SMICE FISHING!!…..
    I hear the ice bite for eyes has been good… BUT……
    on pool 4 today… in 4 hours I caught 27 Sauger & Walleye OVER 15″ (biggest a 19″ Walleye)… and 26 UNDER 15″… for a total of 53… with a catch rate of just over 1 limit of 15″+ fish an hour…. I hear they are “killing them” on the early ice… but the numbers I hear dont equal this…… all this with less than 30 boats at the dam… and fish biting great guns in the holes away from the “dam crowd”……
    I started the day at the dam… in a couple of hours I caught 12 “keepers”.. all on Super Doos… color did not seem to be much of a factor.. but depth did… I did best in 28+ feet….. particularly in the 30-32″ range…… even the eyes were sitting deep for me….. I then went downstream just for fun and found an unstoppable bite in a 33′ hole near RedWing…. sadly I HAD to leave the fun as it was REALLY starting to cook…… I was easily taking 5+ fish a drift in this one small area…
    like others have commented the size has dropped from my recent trips… no Mondo saugs today… 18″ was my biggest…. but solid numbers of 16-17″ fish…… I caught more 10-14 inch fish than any trip this year… even the little fish were attacking just about anything…. seriously Im sure everyone did well today…. I was too busy to really look around much… but there were lots of fish coming in….. if you can swing it you really should cash in on the bite before it peters out…. my experience seems to say it will fade to more and more small fish, and they will move deeper and deeper……. numbers of nice fish will become hard to find… so get out there now…. its Doo or Die!!!….. (just had to toss that in one more time!)….. I did not try 3 ways and cranks… but I had plenty of fun with the vertical jig bite…… I always like to toss in a pic… but I was by myself today and did not take any fish pix… but heres a shot of the “crowd” around the dam at just about 11 am…..

Kerry Harvey
    Brownsdale, MN.

Hey Super Dude, Thanks for the report. Take care.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

RiverEyes, good report, gotta love it. I’m going on fri. weather will stay pretty mild, WHY does anyone drill holes ???? Jack.

larsonlawyers
    Nelson Wi

sounds good, i think i will be up there either friday afternoon or saturday during the day. If you see a crestliner with a couple guys in there feel free to say hi, we might have to turn the music down a little bit though

RonZimmermann
    Minneapolis, Minnesota

RiverEyes, Nice report.
    It’s so hard to decide to fish soft or hard water this time of year. Normally I only fish hard water when that’s all there is but this year I have a bug to pull a hog through the hole. You know what they say, ice fishing is like shooting ducks through a chimney!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.