scent’s applications

• Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

I’ve recently been using some of Dave’s garlic scent products. It is rather oilly and has quite a strong scent built into it. What I am using to apply this oil, so I don’t get any on my hands or gear, is I put 6-8 drops into the bottom of a quality zip lock bag. As I need it, I unlock the bag and lower by bait into it, and rub the bag around the bait, zip it back up and you are ready to go, of course you can’t drop a crank bait into it. but works great for jigs and plastics. by using the zip lock bag, you also don’t waste scent and you can add extra drops of scent as you need it. See you on the water. Jack..

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

Great idea you have Jack.

I like your idea on using a zip-lock bag to economize and reduce wasting the scent product. I’ll sure try it.

This Walleye / Garlic Scent (made by Kick’n Bass) is billed as “the most powerful fish attractant in the world”…. well, I know that the smell sure stays with me all day if I get any on my fingers.

I have been adding free sample containers in all plastics kits going out of the EFN Outlet Store. I am keeping track of the numbers of reports with results that I get back and will share that data later.

Dave Hoggard

theleadsled
    Washington, Ia.

Are you trying to cover human scent with this product or is it that the eyes like the taste of garlic?

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

I know it even covers my scent…. so the wife says

I asked the owner of Kick’n Bass which of the scents they made worked best for Walleye and he recommended the Garlic… that they had had most success with that. That is the reason for the test/samples. I have heard this from different companies too, that garlic is the key to the scent bite. Natural, yep. Garlic has a strong natural taste….. and odor. Fish oil and garlic…. should work.

I’ll see if I can get some others on here who know more than I… so we can ask the experts. Be right back… Dave Hoggard

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hey Dave, check out the new Field and Stream mag, dec2002-Jan2003, page 61. it’s an article on fishing scents, the biggest thing they say is that most scents are not used as attractants, but are rather used more as maskings or coverup agents. not a bad article, and there is a bottle of Kick’n Bass, right in the front on the picture in the article. there is one section in the article titled, ” What’s garlic got to do with it?” Ken Kross the president of Kick’n Bass said that some plants give off a garlic hint, and that it is a trigger stimulus for fish. Interesting ! Jack.

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

I am on my way to get the issue today! Thanks Jack. I was crossing my fingers we could get him here for a discussion.
    Dave Hoggard

theleadsled
    Washington, Ia.

I’ll have to take a look at that article. Now if I can find someone tto read it to me…LOL Pictures..thats good!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.