Pool 4 conditions

• Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Just when I was worried about ice problems….it’s gone! Yesterday, there was floating ice sheets all over the river and today I don’t see any at all. Maybe it was just the fact that it was DANG cold that night (around 5-6 degrees). I also read Jacks post about the gates being changed and all the debris coming through……maybe there was ice buildup on the upstream side of the dam they had to clear out. Not sure why it was so bad, but wanted to let people know that it’s ice free right now. As far as the fishing, well there was only 1 boat yesterday and I never got a chance to talk to them when they left and the day before there were only 2 boats (Jack and the other club boat). It sounds like they did ok. They had a couple 20 inch sauger mixed in with some others. I can’t say the fishing is good, but I can’t say it’s bad either.

I did have a chance to go out myself on Sunday with Dustin and we had some nice fish on plastics yet. (Check out his latest report). After we fished, we took about an hour to explore with my Aqua Vu. Let me tell ya…..there is no shortage of fish at the dam!!! We saw a ton of walleye/sauger.

The forecast looks like it will shape up a little bit with highs around 28-32 for the weekend. Should make for some good fishing! I’ll keep you updated on any changing ice conditions.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

thanks Steve… its great to hear whats up down there… as pretty soon that is going to be the only open water game in town.. the upper croix is pretty much freezing up too…… and Im seeing more and more people out on the lake ice up here….. but I still long for the river

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

thanks Steve, sure sounds like to powerplant was down for a few days., and if the ice is clear now, am sure it is back on line. do you have a temp gauge in your boat tied to the dock. Is it still tied to the dock. I f you don’t ask a few boats that come in what the temps are. I’m ready to head back down there, I should be getting by boat back by friday. hope so.
    Jack.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.