cold weather bite

• Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

hey all you Dam fanatics,

there has been some cold weather the last few days and it sounds like there will be for the next few. what has or will this do to the walleye/sauger bite up on pool 4? will it slow considerably or not affect it much? by the way it sounds it can’t possibly make it any better. i was thinking of going out on friday or saturday (along with probably half the state). if its not going to be any good i won’t try to brave the cold though.

let me no how everyone is doing on wednesday and thursday and i might see you out there on friday.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

The cold weather hasn’t slowed the bite down much at all. Lots of sauger at the dam and down from the “y” now. Still need to pick and choose for the nicer fish. A buddy and I went out this afternoon and managed about 12-15 fish with 8 of em b/w 15-22 inches. 1/8 oz jig and various plastics casted to riprap. Best depth was 6-12 feet. The mid-day sauger bite seems to be in that 20-30 foot range still.

JigginChic
    Rochester MN

The cold weather does not affect the Saugers as much as it does the walleyes. the sauger bite will still be hot and heavy. the walleye bite should be good as well you will just have to target a little deeper than the last couple of weeks good luck
    and will be looking forward to here how you do.
    Jessica

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.