Pool 4 and FTR gangs all here!

• rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

I was out on pool 4 today.. and since the fishing is in full swing it was kind of like a reunion there today….. I saw Big B out in his boat (pic attached)…. I know ECNOOK was out too…. and I saw James Holst and Mike W…. and I suppose there were even more I did NOT see…..
    The bite today was “solid”… and size was decent…. my partner and I took home 12 “eaters”… and largest fish was a 20” sauger…. we started on the Wisconsin side and since I was having trolling motor problems in the morning we anchored for a while… action was steady but unspectacular and we only landed 2 keepers and lost a few others along with catching smaller fish… tossing ringworms and drifting them in the current was the best action we had there…. after I fixed the trolling motor we took a trolling pass with cranks but only caught small fish… vertical jiggin resulted in the same…
    so we motored over to the Min side.. where a number of boats were working….. first pass I caught nice fish on a 3-way and crank….then vertical jiggin we took two more on ringworms…. we discovered we could catch fish trolling cranks… but it was 1 fish a pass… same as jigging seemed to be… BUT jiggin passes were faster… so we started to just do that… and quickly limited on decent fish… mostly saugers…. there were people working deep current breaks in 23-27 feet and they were consistantly taking fish on 3-ways and minnows…. the anchored boats were mostly using sonars.. and they were doing ok…… for us on this day the Mn side was the best… but it changes every day Ive been told… and even can change from morning to afternoon… best just to try one and if your not happy.. try the other….
    my best lure of the day was a chartruese superdoo…. second best was a chameleon ring worm…… both on 3/8 oz heads vertical jigged….

Kerry Harvey
    Brownsdale, MN.

Thanks for the report Ken.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I really wasn’t hidding from you …really !!!

I was down below Everets tryin some hand lining, casting jigs and the most productive for us , vertical jigging…

Sorry I missed you and I’m glad to hear your feeling better.

Here is a pic of Big~D….Big_B’s 68 year old son with a beauty !!

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

yeah sure Dave… you eluded my dragnet.. and the intensive manhunt was on… but you were too sly!! you win this round Red Baron… but I will be back!!….

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

lol

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Ahhhh………..I see you were out making friends again…………..in your “usual” mannerisms ayyyyy?!?!?!? Man………….you talk about keeping an eye on the “Pup” but I don’t recall conducting any manhunts! Geez……………..ya tryin’ to slap a shock collar on ecnook now too???? Not satisfied with just a “Pup” for a pet?? Well……………if it’s the Red Baron you want………..I guess ol’ Snoop’s gonna have to step out of retirement and climb atop the doghouse again!

Rufus……………

paxtonrasm
    Woodville, WI

Rivereyes- Are you out causing trouble again??? You never gave me a shout to ask about your local lakes. Take it easy and thanks for the report———————–Pax

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Rivereyes,
    It was I, the ol’ SteveO with James and Mike W. Great fishery down there. Mike W nailed a nice 22 to 23 inch saugeye and we caught scores of eaters. both sauger and walldads. the smallies were showing themselves too along with the whities.
    caught a nice evening bite on one the wingdams. fished from 7AM until 6 PM. Had a GREAT time.
    We were targeting big fish and while no piggies showed, it was a super day. picked up a nice technique for finding hidden wing dams. I expect with the nice weather coming up it will be very busy down in that neck of the woods.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Hey SteveO!.. so that was YOU!… Nice seeing you and Mike out there with James… and glad you had a great time… too bad no big girls were out…
    my hearing is getting so bad these days, when you said your name it didnt come clear to me!.. so instead of going what?… I nodded my head and smiled……
    theres this PUP who keeps yapping, and I think its got my hearing… that… plus the sneakly lil PUP wired the shock collar control to my hearing aid.. the result werent pretty!?? but whats a PUP owner to do??

Brian Lyons

Yup, thats me and my two special needs fishermen We had a great trip this time. Wed. morning alone gave us more fun than anybody deserves. We had great numbers of legal fish in my boat, and yes we practiced cpr on the big ones,but Dave definitely had the size game won in his boat. I may have finally learned the lesson about using bait on the ringworm, bait on gets lots of fish…..bait off gets bigger fish. There are fish in alot of areas now, so no need to fight the crowds at the dam, just move on down and you will find active fish.The most important thing is to GO FISHING NOW!! if you can’t go today, go yesterday cause this is some of the years best action…………..B

swany
    Southeastern Minnesota.

I was In Hiding….For The first time In 2 Years I wasn’t In Dustys Boat…I ran into another long time reader of the board That asked me into his boat…cool and Thannx K.G HERMAN….Dusty and James have taught me an awful lot and yesterday I put that Knowledge to work. While KG fishes the lakes up north most the time I got to show off what Pool #4 is like. Pitching the Rocky shorelines during the day produced some nice walleye and smallie’s..Ring worms were the ticket ,Matched with A 1/8 ounce Black jig Head & Electric blue ringworm..We set up on a nice wing Damn at dark, And just knocked the Snot out of em…Again with the ring worms..And A orange jig head really out fished the black..For those of you that don’t know me …look for the boat that ALWAYS SERVES LUNCH…..LOL

SWANY

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.