DBQ, Bellevue, Clinton How’s the fishin?

• bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I hear these three pools opened Wednesday. So what’s the verdict? Where are they biting. You weekday guys gots to help those of us condemned to weekend only fishing. I’m headed to Bellevue this weekend, so any info on that pool would be most appreciated.

jason-pitts
    Des Moines, IA and Hager City, WI

Just talked to a buddy who is currently fishing Dubuque. Catching a lot of short fish but the action is steady. Nothing of size to speak of.

sljoe

When you say short 12-15 ? Any idea on depth and bait that is working. Heading to one of the three pools this weekend. hope its good.

jason-pitts
    Des Moines, IA and Hager City, WI

8-12inchers for the most part 20-25′ of water.

traumatized
    eastern iowa

It was crowded, really crowded, fishin was good though. Seen many limits. Not many hogs, but tons of eaters. I was getting them anywhere from 15 to 40 feet.

kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

If its crowded from DBQ down, I suppose that might mean less pressure on the ‘Gut? Don’t you love the wishful thinking of a weekend warrior? I hear ya Big-E, I’m trying to figure out myself where to go Friday. 8-12″ fish are not quite eater size for me, so far none of the news is awe-inpsiring; will probably head to some known holes below dam 10 this Friday, unless the news farther south is more encouraging. From the Cedar Rapids area, because of the bend in the river, its almost a crap shoot in drive time if you make the trip anywhere from Guttenberg to Muscatine. No sense fighting crowds at one dam versus the next…

Regards,

Joe

traumatized
    eastern iowa

Joe,
    I sent you a PM
    C.J.

tracker18
    DeWitt, IA

I got out on pool 14 for a couple of hours on Tuesday afternoon this week. The action was not fast and furious, but I did manage to catch some decent fish. Two walleyes that measured 21″, three walleyes between 17-19″, an 18″ sauger and several walleye/sauger from 11-14″. All of my fish were caught on plastics. Vertical jigging with superdoo’s, ringworms, and shad tails in 15-24′ of water produced 1/2 of the catch. Slowly working Dubuque rigs upstream in 10-15′ with the same plastics produced most of the better fish. Best areas for me were sand flats between wingdams and riprap shelves. Good luck this weekend.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

I made it out Wedensday for the opener at the dam, and fished downstream as well. I will put up a post tonight with pics. On pool 14, fishing at the dam was good, but crowded.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.