Genoa power plant

• obd66

Can anyone tell me if they are getting out at the power
    plant at Genoa, and if so are they getting up to the dam.
    Also a fishing report if possible.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Last i checked it was all iced up..that was last week…My wife is driving to LaCrosse today and I’ll have her check it out..

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I think it is a bit early to be thinking of hitting Genoa on open water, but I hope I am wrong. If it opens up I will be one of the first out there I really like Genoa. My guess would be mid February at the earliest that we can be on it, and then that will be south of the dam. Looking forward to hearing if it is opening early this year.

FallingRock1
    Eastman Wi

It is froze from the power plant up but at some point tommorow I plan on getting out.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

So you are saying the ramp area is open and south of that is open as well? Please say it is open

FallingRock1
    Eastman Wi

It will be after 12 noon 4-wheel drive only

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

You rock How far of a drop to the water do you think it will be?

FallingRock1
    Eastman Wi

Bring ice chisle and lumber I’m putting the 18′ in.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Has anybody been to the ramp this week? Planning on hitting it in the morning and Friday and wanted to know if the ramp area was still ice free. I figured with this warm weather there would be some ice floating around and hoping it did not lock up the launch area.

lalnx
    New Albin, Ia Pool 9 Minnesota Slough

I saw a few boats out behind the powerplant last night, It looked to be open from there to De Soto.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Myself and a friend made it out this morning around 9 and fished until 1. We did pretty decent bringing 5 nice eaters to the boat. Vertical jigging was the main focus today. Frank nailed a nice 19 1/2″ eye as well as a keeper sauger. My best was a 16 3/4 eye as well as 2 keeper saugs. We probably caught 15 fish total. I caught my biggest eye today on a ringworm on a 5/16 ounce black H2O jig. This was the first time I have ever used them and they do work. The eye just flat out pounded the worm I am kicking myself for not using them right away based on the reaction I got for the few minutes I did use it. Will be back tomorrow for another round.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Here is a pic of the keepers

waterswat
    WI

Wats,
    Can you get up to the dam from the landing or is that all iced up yet? Thanks.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

You cannot get to the dam yet. As close as you are going to get is the power plant. One side of the channel is wide open and goes south for quite a ways. I heard almost as far as Lansing, but couldn’t tell you myself. We have been fishing just south of the landing.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Nice job on the eye’s It is nice to see someone taking advantage of the great weather were having. Hopefully I can get out tomorrow and get a few myself.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Got to be on the water again today I was joined by Lntony2 and fish4blue. Today was very slow with only 2 decent fish coming to the boat and 1 of those was a real nice one. We threw everything at them today and just plain came up short I will let fish4blue give you his winning tactic if he chooses, but I am adding the pic of the fish.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Nice fish guys. Great to see anglers with happy faces.

fish4blue
    Holmen, WI

man, that guy in red holding that walleye is a handsome devil! hopefully this information doesn’t get back to those guys that drive the fiberglass shorted sided walls. i like to use three way rigs when you just can’t get anything going. because of the highly unwarm temperature, i tied a #6 carlisle hook (small panfish hook) on with a polymer knot leaving a 10″ tail. on the bottom i put on either some split shot or had a 1/2 oz bell sinker. either bounce it or drag it. minnow color and size did’t matter. if you get the chance to go with those two yahoo’s, i’d do it!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Went out this morning and it was a bit chilly. Nothing like ice frozen all over the boat, rod eyes, and frozen fingers Fished in about every depth up to 28 fow with very little luck. We ended up with a carp in 14 fow and a small cat in 21 fow. We fished south of the landing a little ways. There were a few other boats out, but did not see any action. We should have went to Lynxville instead

Phantom
    Farmington, MN, USA

Yeh!, he is a hansome devil, he looks alot like his older brother.

fish4blue
    Holmen, WI

not too much though! welcome aboard!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Any word on the conditions at Genoa lately? I am planning on hitting it tomorrow morning but not sure if the ramp is blocked or not with ice. Also, wondering if anymore ice was blown from the dam area? Any info would be appreciated

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.