Pool 4-Dustin

• Keith
    NE Iowa

I spent the last four days fishing with my good friend Dustin Stewart on pool 4. The fishing was very good considering the water temp. and conditions. Over the last four days we boated 66 legal walleye with approximately a third of them being 20+ inch fish. Dustin has a hot trolling pattern figured out right now, and it is only going to get better in the weeks to come as the water temp. starts to rise. Fishing with Dustin has been very enjoyable and informative. If anyone wants to get on good numbers of quality fish; I highly recommend booking a guide trip with Dustin. Thanks for a great fishing trip buddy! Talk to ya later.

Keith

JimL2
    Rochester, Mn

I totally agree with what Kieth said. I have fished with Dustin a few times in the past and he always seems to be able to put you on fish. He is a very knowledgeable person of the river and he seems to know what he is doing.

Jim L

chacago
    Apple Valley MN

Would also like to recommend Dustin. He has guided me twice and have always caught the fish and learn the techniques of the river. Keep up the good work.

flick
    Alma WI

But no Hogs huh???

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

Nice to meet you kieth… anyone that can put up with that dustin character is o,k in my book….

I wish he didn;t have so many paying clients so he could take do some charity work….. I saw some of them fish ….you guys had some nice ones…. even a couple trout….. wow…

Keith
    NE Iowa

No real hogs…. the biggest was 25″….but still a nice fish. I am sure Dustin will have a detailed report…… with pictures soon.

Mavzer it was nice to meet you as well……as far as Dustin goes we have been pals for a long time….. it just takes a little patience and understanding to get along with him(LOL). All kidding aside he is a pretty good guy most of the time.

How is Rebel doing? Healing up I hope.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

do ya mean healing or heeling? what happened to good ol rebel? he get launched from the boat when Mavz did one of his kamikaze runs on the dock?

Keith
    NE Iowa

Mavzer claims Rebel was playing with coyotes, but it good be a cover up. I watched his boat beaching techniques. I don’t think poor Rebel would have a chance(LOL).

alcoholic

hey i was just checking about when u said about the trout,, how many did u catch,,,,,no im not a moron for asking this,,, i know that there are not many trout in the mississippi but i know that there out there,,,,,,i have found around alma is that if u catch one there is ussually one or 2 more behind it,,,,, what kind of trout were they and how big,, thanks

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I saw the pics of the trout too and Dustin can correct me if i’m wrong, but i think he told me they were 18 in. and 16 in….not sure though. I know one of them was a really nice fish. They were browns caught on the upper end of pool 4.

Keith
    NE Iowa

Hey Steve it was nice meeting you this week too. The trout actually measured 16″ and 23″. They were both caught on a floater and minnow. The 23″ weighed 6lbs. A nice healthy fish. A little unexpected though when rigging for walleyes.

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

acually rebel RUNS to the back of the boat when I make the run up the shore…… I took him to the vet in Ellsworth today as a precaution (infection)…. They were impressed by my stitches…..and shave job….he has been homebound for the last two days…..I can tell he is getting cabin fever…. His but is shaved and he looks like he has the mange.

But the vet said it was most likely a couple of coyote’s I didn;t think they ran in packs …… or she mentioned a pack of wild dogs…. she said they were definatly canine bites….. I wonder if it was a possible bear…. there were two sightings last year up the road from us…anyway he will have a sore but for awhile….thanks for all the messages and concern for him…. I wish I was as popular…..

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Keith, thanks for the kind words. It was nice to see you and catch up after losing touch the last couple of years. The fishing was fair/good for the rest of the week. The colder nights that set in shut the bite down just a bit form when you were here earlier in the week. We were still able to put a respectable 2 man limit together each day for the weekend trips but the overall numbers fell off from the begining of the week. The trolling bite has still been the way to go. The smallies really moved in to the spot I was fishing with you. I had around 10 to 15 of them each day trolling that same stretch.

We will have to do it again sometime!

larsonlawyers
    Nelson Wi

seems to me like they had quite an experience flick so why try to look at the negative side????????

flick
    Alma WI

i wanst tryin to be negative at all.. I was just wondering if they got any hogs….You just think there would be a couple hogs mixed in with all the eye they have been catchin trollin..

larsonlawyers
    Nelson Wi

well that one that was 25 was a decent enough hawg

JimW
    SE MN

DUstin,

I finally got around to reading your report! SOunds like you have been having some fun on the water!

The main reason I write is, that beautiful browner you caught!!!!!!! Wouldn’t that be someting if the Miss, began to hold brown trout all year round??? OUt fishing for walleyes, catching walldogs/sauger/smallies and YES trout!!!

Man! Nice fish!!!

Jim W

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

The mississippi holds enough [censored] fish.

JimW
    SE MN

Mavzer,

WOW!!

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

just kidding….. I just had a couple smoke trout that marty someone (from Iowa) brought to evert’s resort for steve and it was unreal… I have ate smoke cats, smoke carp, buffalo, and even sucker but that was pretty excellent stuff…..

richardsmith
    Owatonna Mn 55060

Dustin,

Your having way to much fun ! Great report !! Nice pictures.

Richard

Keep a tight line !!!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.