Sakakawea

• greatplains
    Hudson, WI

Got back from Sakakawea yesterday. Wonderful fishery! Caught fish riggin, jiggin, bouncing, and cranking. Fished with Mark St. Martin, Daryl Christensen, and Terry Wilson. All of them were great guys to fish with. Flipped jigs with Mark and Daryl. Nothing like setting the hook in 2 feet of water and pulling a 20 inch walleye to the top. The people in Hazen and Beaulah ND. were extremely receptive to the PWT. Some of the most friendly folks I’ve ever met. If any of you get the chance to go fish this body of water, jump on it. Very healthy lake with lots of fish. Keep it vertical!

warriorgus
    Farmington, MN

I second that greatplains. I am from up in that area originally and am actually going to Van Hook Arm next week. My brother owns a cabin up there and fishes every other day of the week so we have our own pesonal guide. We fished up there last year and caught around 400 walleyes in 6 days between 3 of us. The best method this time of year is 8′ -10′ Lindy’s and crawlers or leeches. We also do some open water deep crank baits and catch quite a few big fish in the 6 to 9 lb range. This fishery is definitive proof that stocking in large numbers is successful. If you have heard that Oahe is good I would definitely reccommend Sakakawea in late June to early August. You won’t be disappointed.

Glenn

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.