How’s the bite on p4

• wmcox
    Clinton, Iowa

Just discovered that I may be able to make it up sooner than expected. Maybe in a couple weeks. How’s the bite.

muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

The water is real clear. Fished last Sat. only caught three fish. I’m going to start fishing some nights to see if this improves my odds. Overall this winter has been good, vertical jig and hold plastics has been the ticket for me. If you see a little camo boat rockin a 8 horse Johnson say Hi

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Tough to hear much with the temps as of late. Not many out I imagine

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Three out on Saturday Musky, P4perch and I’m not sure who the third boater was.

With the water as clear as it is Steve told be he just got his extra head lights in. If it ever gets above -15 at night, we should be rocking in scales.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Well i can tell you 1st hand it was the worst ive ever seen in 30 plus years, ya im old, but don’t let that discourage you, no doubt the fish are there just like they have been b4 the internet, go when you can its still great therapy

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

I shoulda said yesterday was the worst for me, we only fished the dam area to the mouth of the vermillon but it was still fun, i think there was to much boat traffic lol, it was only the 2nd time in my life we had it all to ourselves, guess i don’t know how to fish

Brian Lyons

Quote:

I shoulda said yesterday was the worst for me, we only fished the dam area to the mouth of the vermillon but it was still fun, i think there was to much boat traffic lol, it was only the 2nd time in my life we had it all to ourselves, guess i don’t know how to fish

Yup, me too! Worst winter I’ve had since 2001

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

P4perch

Hey. I heard that!!! Bk is correct, got it handed to me pretty solid last saturday. 2 bites in 5.5 hours, 2 nice legals. I wanted to stick around to see what was happening at dusk but the buddy I had out wasn’t as angry at the fish, and was possibly frozen. So we bailed. I am done with this vortex whatever, and the freezing foam was messing up my drag program, but I think I literally tried every dirty trick possible for daytime 6ft clarity. I have a whole bunch of other excuses, but I think I will stick to that one, even though the foam was minimal, and workaraoundable. The fish are there, ma nature just needs to give us a chance to swing at them when they eat soon! Last time we snagged a nice Frabill, this time we snagged a giant paddlefish- from nose tip to tail end was 57 inches, but I don’t know how to to measure them properly. The paddlefish had significant prop damage- missing top fork of tail and another slice a few inches up. Still good to get out- can’t wait till they are snappin again!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Yup, me too! Worst winter I’ve had since 2001

Fishing or busting out of Iowa?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Well i can tell you 1st hand it was the worst ive ever seen in 30 plus years, ya im old, but don’t let that discourage you, no doubt the fish are there just like they have been b4 the internet, go when you can its still great therapy

As you said OD, they are their. A friend was out with a camera and they are there!

I wouldn’t be to hard on your fishing skills. I go out all the time and seldom catch a walleye or sauger.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.