Where are these walleyes at.

• wall3y3chaser

I still don’t have a boat yet, but I love my pool 2 shore fishing. Ive been out the last few weeks without a walleye all ive caught were some big sheepies and lots of baby smallmouths, sunnys and crappies a little surprising to catch a sunny never caught one on the river before, last year I was tagging walleye like crazy from my usual spots but not one for a while, I sure hope fall has something in store for me because last fall was the best time fishing ive had when it comes to walleyes except for when the river was high in june where I caught 20 walleye in less than 5 hours the best day of my fishing life so far!

If theres any tips you can share please do im just trying to find the walleyes I keep chasing!Thanks and keep those lines in the water. And good luck to you guys in the tournament!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Make sure and hit those low light times of the day. You may just catch those walleyes moving up shallow to feed.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Most fish I have seen lately are the same. I don’t even bother to go out from shore anymore until dusk, but then it gets fun. Got to wait for those fish to start coming from the depths up to feed.

procor
    Mounds View, MN

The bite has gotten tougher in August. I have found that I may go a long time between when the eyes are on the chew to when they are not. I still get fish up on top of the WDs of which this bite only lasts about 1-1.5 hours and then it dies down. Also during this time, I have seen walleyes, caught some, and had hits around the tips and upriver sides of the WDs in the 9-13fow. Thé bite is definitly more challenging in August and even up until now with the eyes very picky and not very agressive. I am staying off the river for a couple weeks and hitting some other walleyes haunts and going for panfish as each of my last few trips only yields a few eyes. Hopefully the eyes will begin an early walleye pattern soon!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.