Tough Bite but…..

• Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

Got out today. 3 small saugers in about 5 hours was all we could muster.

Dragged Moxies in different depths, pitched into the shallow water, and did some vertical jigging with minnows.

I am thinking our tough luck was due to the like coming up like crazy after the recent melt. Clarity seemed to be under a foot. Saw a few nice ones caught shallow but no one seemed to be doing much of anything around us. The fish are there – we marked a ton of them. Just could not get them to go,

Still beats the hell out of work!!!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Pool 2?

dbright
    Cambridge

Spent 13 hrs on the water yesterday it was still a tough bite. We saw a total of two boat’s catch one fish each. We only ended up boating 6

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Spent 13 hrs on the water yesterday

Wish I was with you guys.

dbright
    Cambridge

Planning on doing it again tomorrow.

amundsonjon
    wi

Same here tough day tuesday. River was moovin some water and cooled off. Gonna try hand at it again thursday gonna pull cranks and cross fingers Good luck

TJ
    Hammond, WI

Still tough out there. Fished from 8-3 and only had one hit…and of course I missed it. Tried pulling cranks, pitching jigs, vertical jigging, and dragging. Only bit came pitching. Fished just upstream of Hay creek down to youngs. tons of debris heading south so keep your eyes peeled!

CPRbigeyes
    Iowa

Quote:

Still tough out there. Fished from 8-3 and only had one hit…and of course I missed it. Tried pulling cranks, pitching jigs, vertical jigging, and dragging. Only bit came pitching. Fished just upstream of Hay creek down to youngs. tons of debris heading south so keep your eyes peeled!

What did you have for a water temp?

joshmarkell1

We went down on Saturday afternoon for a bit. Struggled at first but then talked to cjensenz7 and he put us on the fish. That guy really knows how to fish. He is hands down the best walleye guy I know. My wife caught all the fish but let me reel in two.

irishman

joshmarkell1 – welcome to IDO

joshmarkell1

Thanks Irishman. I joined because Chris Jensen is a member and he is my hero

cjensenz7
    Waseca MN

Thanks Josh glad I could help on Saturday. When I see someone struggle as bad as you do I’m happy to help. Keep your chin up little buddy

josh-markell1
    on the water

I talked to so many people on saturday that had great tips, chris where you the guy trying to bobber fish in the mouth of the vermillion? If so how big of jig did you need in that amount of current? A big thanks goes out to my wife for giving chris the information to the account she created with my name on it and another thanks to BK for figuring out why my account was not working .

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

chris where you the guy trying to bobber fish in the mouth of the vermillion?

O M G!! He was THAT Chris!??

There were people talking about him in WalMart!!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Josh
    Welcome to IDO, sort of looks like you have 2 sign in usernames, look a few post above this one.. ?

again Welcome
    Jack

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

I joined because Chris Jensen is a member and he is my hero

So Josh, you’ve actually met Chris on the water?? Lucky Dog!!

TJ
    Hammond, WI

CPRbigeyes…I had 34 degrees for temp. Sorry for the late reply. Temp dropped 8 degrees from friday.

josh-markell1
    on the water

Thanks jack, I do indeed have 2 usernames my wife created an account with the same username she is going to have to come with her 5 fish bucks quickly so she can change that

josh-markell1
    on the water

Brian, I have met chris on the water. He is the great big guy that is always in the neon pink kayak with a bow mount trolling motor on the back of it. You can’t miss it.

CPRbigeyes
    Iowa

Quote:

CPRbigeyes…I had 34 degrees for temp. Sorry for the late reply. Temp dropped 8 degrees from friday.

Wow no wonder it’s tough right now. Oh well everyday is different, maybe we will hammer them today. I’ll give some semi live reports today.

cjensenz7
    Waseca MN

I indeed have the pink kayak. Josh how are the sheepshead biting??

basseyes

34 degrees, Yikes! And rain on the way for the next 5 days or so. Hope she starts warming up soon.

CPRbigeyes
    Iowa

Not good out here today guys…

dbright
    Cambridge

I threw in the towel around 11 . Put the boat away and grabbed my ice gear. Looks like crappies and gills for the weekend.

Pig-hunter
    Southern Minnesota

Quote:

Not good out here today guys…

X2.
    Fished yesterday pretty much all day and didn’t get much, just a few. We were all over the place too fishing about every way you can. Muddy cold, slow.

CPRbigeyes
    Iowa

Honestly this has been our worst day ever out here. We are going to a southern pool tomorrow.

ryan_mcneil
    Dodge Center, MN

welcome to ido josh! i was wandering if you were ever going to join

josh-markell1
    on the water

Quote:

welcome to ido josh! i was wandering if you were ever going to join

Thanks ryan

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.