pool 4 yes or no

• olgetcher

We were planning our 3 day river trip Tuesday – Thursday of this week. Weather is not looking like our friend. Friends would be coming up from Iowa and my question to you river anglers is would it be worth toughing out the weather or possibly rescheduling the trip? I’m thinking of going ahead with the trip this week for the fact that we would not be playing bumper boats. Any thoughts ?

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

That forecast doesn’t look the best, but I am sure you can catch fish if you come up. It depends on whether or not everyone in the group has the flexibility to reschedule. I would prefer to fish in 30 degree + weather instead of what is forecast.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I just got back from 7 days on pool 4. Day bite was poor for us but the bite after dark was very good. We gave up fishing during daylight and didn’t launch until 6:30 pm. If you can tough out the cold you will catch fish.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Depends on what you want to catch. If you want to catch eaters, then go now. If you want your best chance at big fish, give it another week or two.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

John hit it on the head…You really need to know the Pool 4 well to fish after dark and it gets very cold at night. I can set up to fish at night but with my aging crew, we fish from dawn to sundown.

If your trip dates are flexible you may consider rescheduling it is going to be below zero midweek …it looks like a late spring.

I’d call Everts for the latest conditions…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

By 7:30 this morning there were three boats out…yes we have 2ish inches of snow and it’s coming down so hard at times I can’t see the blue porta potty from my camper.

As always, the best time to go fishing is when you can!

olgetcher

Thanks for the input guys. We have decided to try and make next week work. I dont mind fishing in tough conditions but the forecast looks awfully brutal this week. Hope to see you on the river next week. Thanks again.

tom_gursky

I’ll be down there with friends next week…we’ll be in cabin 3. You’ll get all the info you need from Steve or Kari
    at the bait shop.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

If you can tough out the cold you will catch fish.

Not if you have friends!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Not if you have friends!

Those look familiar.

tom_gursky

Quote:

Quote:

Not if you have friends!

u

Are you actually goin to be there this trip BK?

You may get some Porketta/ ravioli :

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I might need that to get the chili w/mushroom taste out of my mouth on Sunday.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.