Pool 4 Treated us right again

• Grawler

I thought last week’s trip couldn’t get any better…until this last Thursday and Friday night! Fishing was the best I’ve experienced. Caught 2 limits each night and it only took us 2.5 hours on Friday and 1.5 hours on Thursday. Fish were just stacked. I took a pic of my sonar screen for the first time ever. Found a school of shad the first night that was about 30 feet long and 8 feet off the bottom. Ran through that about 8 times and we were done. Couldn’t tell if it was shad hitting our line or walleyes on the first run! Buying side scan was the single best decision I’ve made to increase my catch rate. At first I couldn’t believe what I was seeing…nothing but a white cloud off the right side of the boat about 40 feet out. Snagged a few of the shad and they were 6″+. We were 2 busy fisherman. Thanks to all the previous posters who helped me decide on how to fish this new place.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Dang, I need to get down there before nothing’s left!

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

You had picked the right days to be there that for sure

Saturdays word was it was very slow fishing for most, I havent got the scoop on today’s action.

I bet your hooked and welcome to pool 4

drew-evans
    rochester MN

Slow today caught some but bite for sure slowed down some

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Great report.Glad you had great luck and keep eatin them so you can keep fishing.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Looks like a great time and thanks for the report. I put side imaging on last fall and have not used it much but am excited to try it out on the river!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.