Bay City, Maiden Rock or Head of Lake/River?

• wilk71
    Albany, Missouri

Gonna be up to pool 4 for 3 days of fishing starting Tuesday. We have done well in the past this time of year by Bay City Flats. Was wondering what the rising water will do to the bite and if anyone has some recent info to steer us in the right direction. Coming from 5 hours away and only get up here a few times a year so any help to narrow down the search would be much appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Brian

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

I have not been in any of the areas you mentioned on the last 3 outings but have had good reports of numbers of fish coming from those areas. Wilk you guys should be able to put fish in the boat on all those spots. If the wind blows the lake will be your best bet for numbers. If it lays low head for the river area you asked about. Make sure you bring small jigs with lots of crawlers, we took 2 twin walleyes measuring 28.5″ on jigs and crawlers yesterday. All though cranks have put good fish in the boat for others as well. I know James had a piggie trolling #5 Shad Raps in the same area I was jigging on Sunday.

Good luck and be safe

wilk71
    Albany, Missouri

Thanks Dustin for the info! Lookin foward to a few days away. I’ll be with the group with Joel Schultz….he mentioned talking to you in the past. Anyway, thanks for the tips.
    Brian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.